ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What Android Apps Do You Use?

<< < (37/49) > >>

city_zen:
As they say, "there's an app for that", viz. List My Apps.
-rjbull (January 13, 2020, 03:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you! I should have thought that there might be an app for that  :)  I'll try it and edit my previous post with the appropriate links

Also, I didn't know the "viz." expression. English is not my native language. So now I know something new (even though it's technically latin, but still)

BTW, I don't know if this is still valid, (it's four days old and I've already upgraded so I can't check), but both the standard free Android and iOS version of City Maps 2Go can be upgraded to the Pro or Premium version for free via an upgrade code. [HotDealsUK]

Android: CityMaps2Go Plan Trips Travel Guide Offline Maps
iOS: CityMaps2Go Offline Map

Codes: PROSUPP or PREMSUPP for Pro or Premium upgrade, respectively.

-4wd (January 13, 2020, 06:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks! I've just tried it and it still works

superboyac:
After a (fairly) long hiatus, I'm posting in this great forum again  :)

Here's a list of most of the interesting Android apps I'm using. I didn't include some I use a lot because they are either too niche or local (country)-specific

These are the ones that I think will be of most interest to other forum members:

[*] aCalendar+: a different user interface for Gmail calendar (needs Gmail calendar as the back end) with some great additional features
[/list]
-city_zen (January 06, 2020, 12:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
question: why did you go with acalendar instead of digical or something else?

city_zen:

[*] aCalendar+: a different user interface for Gmail calendar (needs Gmail calendar as the back end) with some great additional features
[/list]
-superboyac (January 14, 2020, 04:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
question: why did you go with acalendar instead of digical or something else?
-city_zen (January 06, 2020, 12:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

I honestly don't remember whether I tried DigiCal or not. I know I tried a few calendar apps and finally settled for aCalendar+ (I purchased the premium version)

Digical looks great, but I don't think that what it offers on top of what aCalendar has (eg. weather forecasts) is interesting to me

Both integrate seamlessly with Google Calendar, which is a must for me, and have similar available views. aCalendar has some nice vertical and horizontal swiping actions that I don't know if DigiCal has. Also, aCalendar lets you manage Tasks, which is something that I don't think Digical has

These are the features of aCalendar+, from its publishers:

FEATURES
● intuitive navigation between day, week, month and agenda view
● 7 powerful widgets
● year view
● lots of design and view customizations
● Google Calendar management
● per-event colors (even if not supported by the event's calendar)
● flexible recurrences
● birthdays from your contacts (or without contacts)
● uses Android's native calendar backend and synchronization
● moon phases
● mini month or graphical week overview in day and week view
● free with ads and some one-time IAPs

EXTRA FEATURES (aCalendar+ or as In-App-Purchase)
● Public holidays (and school holidays for some countries) - configurable in the calendar list
● More colors (theme/UI colors, background colors, calendar colors, event colors)
● Business features (Invite attendees, link contacts, free/busy, private, profiles, share as ICS)
● Tasks (manage Google Tasks or tasks from CalDAV/OpenTasks)
● No ads (removes the occasional ad)
♥ Tapir Apps donates 10% of all revenue to rainforest conservation through our friends at World Land Trust

USAGE
● move forward and backward in the calendar by swiping vertically
● switch between calendar views with a horizontal swipe (opens the day or week you start the swipe gesture on) or double-tap for day view
● tap to open a calendar event
● long-press to add new calendar event
● long-press on mini-month to go to today or jump to date
● configurable actions on 3-finger-tap, tap on title, volume buttons
● long press an event in day view to drag to a different time

MilesAhead:
I get around Miami on the MetroRail.  More than anything I use the MDT Tracker.  The latest update totally destroyed the App.  Instead of an easy to use interface they want you to create an account and set up the ability to buy tickets/passes using the app.  As soon as I found the old v. 1.5 apk I put 1.5 back on.  Adding insult to injury the thing would open and hang!!

Is it just me or are computer programs being deliberately made slower and harder to use?  Stuff that used to be one screen is stretched across three just to slow you down.  In Walgreens to buy something with my EBT Card I have to hit a dozen buttons plus enter the PIN.

In any case the web version of the train tracker seems to still be available in the old format:  MDT Tracker and the 1.5 apk can be downloaded from PureApk here

BGM:
Codes: PROSUPP or PREMSUPP for Pro or Premium upgrade, respectively.
-4wd (January 13, 2020, 06:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

@4wd - thank you for the promo codes.  I am going to Quito, Ecquador in a week.  I put this app on my Galaxy and on two iphones that don't have service.  I was able to get the pro version on the iphone 6s, but the version for the 4s didn't work out - I only got the free version for that - no way to get the pro on that one.  But I will have the iphone 6s at least with an offline Quito map and can give it to one of my companions to use.  Thanks for this!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version