ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What Android Apps Do You Use?

<< < (23/49) > >>

4wd:
New phone, so a couple of new apps:

Network Connections - Powerful tool that displays and monitors (tracks) all inbound and outbound connection from and to your Android device.  The unlock key to enable all features is available ->free<- for a limited time, (until 20131019), here. EXPIRED.
[NOTE: After that date the normal unlock key will be ~$4 - it's currently 50% off, (~$2).]

Android Firewall - It's a firewall  ;)  You can allow/block based on the network, eg. LAN, VPN, Roaming, Data (2G/3G/4G), and WiFi.  NOTE: Needs root access.

Renegade:
New phone, so a couple of new apps:
 (see attachment in previous post)Network Connections - Powerful tool that displays and monitors (tracks) all inbound and outbound connection from and to your Android device.  The unlock key to enable all features is available ->free<- for a limited time, (until 20131019), here.  After that the normal unlock key will be ~$2.
 (see attachment in previous post)Android Firewall - It's a firewall  ;)  You can allow/block based on the network, eg. LAN, VPN, Roaming, Data (2G/3G/4G), and WiFi.

-4wd (October 15, 2013, 09:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah! Excellent!

Unfortunately, it seems I can't use Android Firewall as it requires root access and I've failed to root my device - spent a couple days on it and failed due to some bizarre scrolling issue that I couldn't resolve. Maybe I'll try again sometime when I have time.

4wd:
Unfortunately, it seems I can't use Android Firewall as it requires root access and I've failed to root my device - spent a couple days on it and failed due to some bizarre scrolling issue that I couldn't resolve. Maybe I'll try again sometime when I have time.-Renegade (October 15, 2013, 10:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well that's what happens when you get older, I meant to mention it needed root but then 30 seconds passed and .... what was I saying?

JoTo:
@4WD: Thanks a lot for the mention of Network Connections above and the opportunity to get a free UnlockKey.

Got it, works great, very informative NetworkUtil!

Much appreciated!
JoTo

Renegade:
Unfortunately, it seems I can't use Android Firewall as it requires root access and I've failed to root my device - spent a couple days on it and failed due to some bizarre scrolling issue that I couldn't resolve. Maybe I'll try again sometime when I have time.-Renegade (October 15, 2013, 10:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well that's what happens when you get older, I meant to mention it needed root but then 30 seconds passed and .... what was I saying?
-4wd (October 16, 2013, 02:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

BWAHAHAHAHA~! ;D

Way off topic... The cheer leaders at Seoul Women's University are known as the SWURS - Seoul Women's University Rooting Squad. ;) And my, oh my, oh my...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version