ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Steam URL Converter

<< < (3/4) > >>

skwire:
Hi, MrZoolook, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.   :)

For what it's worth, it appears to work on my Win7 setup. I also noticed you can bulk select a whole group of shortcuts, and use the tool on them all in one hit!-MrZoolook (August 28, 2015, 01:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's nice when a plan comes together, eh?

Very well done. I only have a hundred or so games, and I wasn't looking forward to doing this s**t manually, so I can't imagine how it'd be for anyone with more then that. Why the hell don't steam do it like this to begin with!?-MrZoolook (August 28, 2015, 01:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I think it has to do with the fact that using the URL format is supposed to be just that, universal.  This means they can use this format on different platforms (Linux and Mac) without much internal code differences.  That is, I don't think that Linux and Mac support Windows LNK files.

Deozaan:
This works for me as far as converting the link to an actual shortcut. But it doesn't work for making the icons appear. It seems the shortcuts look in the standard Program Files directory for Steam and the icons, even though I have Steam installed elsewhere. :(

skwire:
This works for me as far as converting the link to an actual shortcut. But it doesn't work for making the icons appear. It seems the shortcuts look in the standard Program Files directory for Steam and the icons, even though I have Steam installed elsewhere. :(-Deozaan (October 27, 2015, 01:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Strange...I don't appear to have that issue.  I'm using W7/64 with an account that has administrator rights.  If you open up the .URL file in a text editor, what does it have for the IconFile value?

Deozaan:
This works for me as far as converting the link to an actual shortcut. But it doesn't work for making the icons appear. It seems the shortcuts look in the standard Program Files directory for Steam and the icons, even though I have Steam installed elsewhere. :(-Deozaan (October 27, 2015, 01:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Strange...I don't appear to have that issue.  I'm using W7/64 with an account that has administrator rights.  If you open up the .URL file in a text editor, what does it have for the IconFile value?

-skwire (October 27, 2015, 12:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Looking through a few of them, they have the Program Files path. So I guess it's no fault of your program at all. Thanks. :)

skwire:
Looking through a few of them, they have the Program Files path. So I guess it's no fault of your program at all. Thanks. :)-Deozaan (October 27, 2015, 03:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Try right-clicking a game, creating a new desktop shortcut, and then checking the path in the new .URL.  If it's correct, then try using SteamURLConverter to create a .LNK out of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version