ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Steam URL Converter

<< < (2/4) > >>

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.0.2 - 2014-11-07
    + Added a "Remove Send to... shortcut" button.  (Thanks, Valentin)

v1.0.1 - 2013-12-23
    * Changed up initial interface seen when launching the SteamURLConverter and
      added a button which will add a shortcut to your "Send to..." folder.

IQLover:
Short Description Steam allows you to create shortcuts on your desktop to launch games.  However, these shortcuts are not standard Windows .LNK files.  They are .URL files and, sometimes, they don't show the proper icon for the intended game even if the .URL file contains the correct information.  This app tries to solve the issue by converting the .URL shortcut into a .LNK shortcut.  Simply drag the .URL file onto the SteamURLConverter.exe file and it will immediately create a .LNK file in the same folder as the .URL file.Supported OSes All Windows
I have just tried it (Win7) but does work partially ONLY; it creates the Shortcut, but if I double click it,
nothing happenes (System Explorer showes me that Steam gets started) bat that is it, th egame won't start!  :(

skwire:
Works here for me using W7/64 Ultimate.  The account I use has administrator rights and UAC is set to "Never notify" (if that matters).

IQLover:
Works here for me using W7/64 Ultimate.  The account I use has administrator rights and UAC is set to "Never notify" (if that matters).
-skwire (March 03, 2015, 12:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I might try that too.
Thanks

MrZoolook:
For what it's worth, it appears to work on my Win7 setup. I also noticed you can bulk select a whole group of shortcuts, and use the tool on them all in one hit!

Very well done. I only have a hundred or so games, and I wasn't looking forward to doing this s**t manually, so I can't imagine how it'd be for anyone with more then that. Why the hell don't steam do it like this to begin with!?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version