ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone testing Daminion Media Manager ?

<< < (14/15) > >>

K.Murat:
Daminion 3.7 was released recently with a range of improvements including faster viewing of large images, easier Daminion Server administration, grouping of similar images, and additional file format support. Plus several minor bug fixes.

More info here:
http://blog.daminion.net/news/daminion-3-7/

AnnaannA:
Hi! The new Daminion 4.0 was released last week. This update has 2 major improvements:

1. Your tag structure (taxonomy) is now protected from unwanted changes during file import.

2. You can now define relationships between files ( quickly find and view all related artwork, projects, images, etc).

For more details, visit : http://blog.daminion.net/news/daminion-4-0/

woodr2011:
Hello, everyone - I have downloaded the current version of Daminion... Does the program allow for customizable/searchable columns and tags? I want to catalog all of my digital files and my physical library of books, documents, etc. in one program. I would appreciate it someone who is knowledgeable in the program could give me some feedback.

Many thanks!!

K.Murat:
Hello, everyone - I have downloaded the current version of Daminion... Does the program allow for customizable/searchable columns and tags? I want to catalog all of my digital files and my physical library of books, documents, etc. in one program. I would appreciate it someone who is knowledgeable in the program could give me some feedback.
-woodr2011 (July 31, 2015, 11:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

I guess my reply is bit late, but anyway: yes, you in Daminion can customize your tags and search for more than 50 standard tags plus you can create your own user-defined tags. Daminion supports at lot of media formats, including images, vector images, documents, videos, audio, CAD, etc... All file formats can be managed withing the single interface.

K.Murat:
A new Daminion 4.5 version was released recently with 20+ improvements:

Major Improvements

* A new lightweight web-client allows you to access Daminion Server to search, browse, view, and download your digital assets on any device
* A real-time File Watching Service now tracks changes in outside file systems and reflects them in Daminion as soon as they occur.
* Usage Purpose Tracking allows you to keep tabs on when, where and by whom your assets have been used.
* Users Roles per Catalog. Specify who can and who cannot access particular catalogs.
* User management via web-browser. You can now create, edit and manage users via the web-client without actual accessing the server PC.
* Improved file format support. Better support for AI/EPS, support for SVG, updating XMP of PDF, etc...

Other Improvements

* Added support for IBM/Lotus Domino LDAP authentication
* Number of connected users and catalog database version are now displayed in the admin panel.
* Report after rescan. A full rescan report is now available via Catalog > Rescan Reports, or by right clicking on the rescan progress indicator.
* Groups added into Saved Searches
* Custom tags are included in Quick Search
* Documents and Vector images stored on a local server-based PC can be copied to the local client-based PC
* Scroll position in the right-hand Properties panel is now remembered when changing item selection
* Added Fonts tag. Mapped to XMP: Fonts
* Added an option to the tag tree context menu to display the selected tag in the second panel. Ideal when you need to reorder values within the same tag - simply drag them from one tag panel to another.
* Offline files can now be viewed as Full Screen or Mid-Size JPEG previews
* Daminion Clients can be logged off automatically after a specified time interval
* You can grant a user a separate Concurrent Connection.
* Improved import from and export to CSV
* Added license activation for Daminion Clients
Download:
http://daminion.net/download

More info:
http://blog.daminion.net/news/daminion-4-5/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version