ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone testing Daminion Media Manager ?

<< < (10/15) > >>

joiwind:
Looks to be a very nice program. But I personally can't justify taking the time to give it a thorough tryout because I know I'll never end up purchasing a license for it. :)
-40hz (February 16, 2013, 01:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

The standalone version is free ...

40hz:
Looks to be a very nice program. But I personally can't justify taking the time to give it a thorough tryout because I know I'll never end up purchasing a license for it. :)
--- End quote ---

-joiwind (February 16, 2013, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's not an issue of the price. It's more an issue of how much I'd need something that was so feature rich. I'm also mostly over to Linux these days so I already use Darktable which handles everything I need to do (plus more than I'll ever need  ;D) when it comes to digital images.
 :)

Jibz:
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

My worry in this regard is that it has been mentioned that there will be a free and a pro version of standalone Daminion. Nobody knows what the difference between them will be, but it has been mentioned that the pro version might cost $149.

Now, I do not want to get locked into an image organizer (nice as it may be), if I end up in a position where I will need to spend $149 to keep using it. Please note that I am not saying the price is unreasonable or anything, Daminion really has a lot going for it, it's just way outside my DAM budget, and not knowing if I will be able to work with the free version makes it too uncertain for me :-[.

http://daminion.net/user-forum/index.php?/topic/76-pricing-structure-and-license/

joiwind:
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

My worry in this regard is that it has been mentioned that there will be a free and a pro version of standalone Daminion. Nobody knows what the difference between them will be, but it has been mentioned that the pro version might cost $149.

Now, I do not want to get locked into an image organizer (nice as it may be), if I end up in a position where I will need to spend $149 to keep using it. Please note that I am not saying the price is unreasonable or anything, Daminion really has a lot going for it, it's just way outside my DAM budget, and not knowing if I will be able to work with the free version makes it too uncertain for me :-[.

http://daminion.net/user-forum/index.php?/topic/76-pricing-structure-and-license/
-Jibz (February 16, 2013, 06:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes true, I don't know - I think only Murat could answer about that.

K.Murat:
--- End quote ---

Sorry for the late response. I didn't receive notifications about new posts in this topic.
We decided to drop the price for Daminion, and release multiple Daminion versions:

* Daminion Free - Free (can be imported up to 15k files per one catalog)
* Daminion Standard - $49 (can be imported up to 50k files per one catalog)
* Daminion Pro - $99 (without limitations for number of files per catalog)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version