ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone testing Daminion Media Manager ?

<< < (6/15) > >>

K.Murat:
Sorry for missed the last question about Auto-Syncing Metadata feature.

If you'll turn the Auto-Sync metadata feature Off - all your image tags will be stored in the Daminion database.
If you'll turn this feature On, once you assign tags to images Daminion will writes your tags into the file metadata.
It's recommended to turn it Off before a long assignment process and then turn it On on the end of the process (for performance reason).

BTW we released a new Daminion 0.9 beta version
We've added Camera Importer feature to this version plus about ~100 minor changes.

tomos:
thanks K.Murat :up:
will have to update my first-impression comments for version .9 :)

joiwind:
Thanks for the new version K.Murat.

Two remarks :

Daminion keeps trying to read the A:\ drive on my machine (yes, I do have an A:\ diskette drive...), when I say keeps, I mean constantly - any ideas please how to prevent this ?

And secondly a request (unless I've missed this option somewhere) - how about an option to open Daminion without it immediately loading a catalog ?

K.Murat:
Daminion keeps trying to read the A:\ drive on my machine (yes, I do have an A:\ diskette drive...), when I say keeps, I mean constantly - any ideas please how to prevent this ?
-joiwind (April 05, 2012, 04:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

- Could you please tell me your Windows version?
- Does the problem still there when you remove a diskette from floppy-drive?

And secondly a request (unless I've missed this option somewhere) - how about an option to open Daminion without it immediately loading a catalog ?

--- End quote ---
Daminion remembers the last opened catalog, and automatically open it on the next launch. We can add an option to launch Daminion without loading the lastly opened catalog if you'll close all catalogs before closing the program.

joiwind:
--- End quote ---

- Could you please tell me your Windows version?
- Does the problem still there when you remove a diskette from floppy-drive?
-K.Murat (April 06, 2012, 02:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

- XP
- It happens without a diskette.

--- End quote ---
Daminion remembers the last opened catalog, and automatically open it on the next launch. We can add an option to launch Daminion without loading the lastly opened catalog if you'll close all catalogs before closing the program.
-K.Murat (April 06, 2012, 02:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Great, thanks K. Murat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version