ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone testing Daminion Media Manager ?

<< < (5/15) > >>

K.Murat:
I'm subscribed to new post notifications here but feel free to post on our forum also.

tomos:
Btw, is Daminion non-destructive, as in, can I safely let it catalog my image folder without it writing EXIF data to all images or something sinister like that? ;D
-Jibz (March 05, 2012, 08:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

You can do it via Sync button (on the toolbar) > "Turn Off Auto-Syncing Metadata".-K.Murat (March 06, 2012, 01:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

not sure of the implications of this - in particular for photos that have not been catalogued at all ? but also in general - what exactly happens with this option turned on?
... so I turned it off for the moment.

On another note:
I know that preferences have not been implemented, but it would be nice to be able to choose where the catalogue folder is located. For me, I think it would be logical to have it on the same drive as the photos.
[edit] I see if I had read the help file, I would have known to import via the Startup Wizard (menu/Help) where I would have gotten an option to say where the catalogue files would be stored (defaults to My Documents). I imported by clicking on a button bottom left of window (above the Daminion "Tray") but dont think I got the option [edit]

tomos:
I edited post above re importing files, but I also wanted to bump the question:

what are the implications (pros/cons) of turning on/off "Auto-Syncing Metadata"?
I presume,
for photos that have not been catalogued in another programme, it will only sync tags etc added manually in Daminion?

Jibz:
what are the implications (pros/cons) of turning on/off "Auto-Syncing Metadata"?
I presume, for photos that have not been catalogued in another programme, it will only sync tags etc added manually in Daminion?
-tomos (March 26, 2012, 02:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am quite interested in this as well.

joiwind:
I presume, for photos that have not been catalogued in another programme, it will only sync tags etc added manually in Daminion?
-tomos (March 26, 2012, 02:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am quite interested in this as well.
-Jibz (March 27, 2012, 03:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Same here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version