ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA:Extracting/scraping text from within programs and games

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dochappy:
never figured I'd get this much help. thanks guys for the kind response.  Text grabber JOCR and Rocr and Resource hacker couldn't copy the text either.
If only I could select the text and export it to a plain text or csv file I'd be happy lol

thanks again

skwire:
Scraping text from games can be notoriously difficult and random.  Though I always say that you can accomplish anything with enough lines of code  :D, you may have to accept that this can't be accomplished.  It's possible that you might be able to leverage the ImageSearch/PixelSearch capabilities of AutoHotkey to "read" the game screen but it would be a ton of work.

Dochappy:
I knew it would be a long shot from the start Skyline lol :Thmbsup:  maybe  if enough people request it the creator will  release something. thanks again guys greatly appreciated

rjbull:
CopyText is another freeware that looks similar to Control Content Saver.  Warning - trying to use it has sometimes done my head in  :o

Another thought - maybe take a screenshot, put it in EverNote, and use EverNote's text recognition feature?  I should add that I'm using old EverNote 2.2, not the only current version which has gone cloud and which I haven't tried.

Maybe ABBYY Screenshot Reader, $10, which is like a more sophisticated equivalent of JOCR but doesn't need Microsoft Office installed?

Dochappy:
copyText was one  of the first apps I tried. Never thought of evernote or ABBYY Screenshot reader either. I'll look for a demo of those two and see if it will help thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version