ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

[freeware]:WikeNotes for you to manage your notes with ease

<< < (2/6) > >>

lanux128:
@40hz: i don't think the author has a website currently. the author dropped by the chat-room a few days back asking if he could release the software here at DoCo and we sort of pointed him to this board. the setup file was initially hosted at mediafire, so we suggested he attach it in this thread. i've downloaded and scanned the installer although i've yet to install it.

some info i gleaned from the author while at the chatroom: the program is QT-based and the data are saved in sqlite. i believe the author will be around soon to fill in the gaps. :)

Paul Keith:
I can't seem to find a way to add multiple tags, is this currently how it works.

40hz:
@40hz: i don't think the author has a website currently. the author dropped by the chat-room a few days back asking if he could release the software here at DoCo and we sort of pointed him to this board. the setup file was initially hosted at mediafire, so we suggested he attach it in this thread. i've downloaded and scanned the installer although i've yet to install it.

some info i gleaned from the author while at the chatroom: the program is QT-based and the data are saved in sqlite. i believe the author will be around soon to fill in the gaps. :)
-lanux128 (March 17, 2011, 08:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well if somebody at DC vouched for it that's more than good enough for me.  ;D

But I was just making a general suggestion to him. It wasn't meant to be taken as criticism. Most software directory sites won't list or review your program if you don't have a website. And many don't allow direct links to file downloads for obvious reasons.

Still, maybe he'd be interested in joining up and hosting here? It would be nice to have another developer decide  to enter the DC fold.

:Thmbsup:

barney:
Nice app.  (Running it on Win7 64-bit Ultimate.)  It brings over everything - including all images - from a Web page with Drag 'n Drop, keeps the formatting nicely, date/time stamps the note.  Unfortunately, it does not bring over the URL (for attribution purposes).  Since I'm doing this 300-500 times a day, making a 2nd trip for the URL doubles the time requirement for my purposes.

While the keyword system is nice, it does not allow for multiple keywords/tags:  gamer pim notes (or gamer, pim, notes) appears on one line of the keyword/tag list, rather than each word appearing once in the list.  It would be much more convenient to click (Ctrl-click?) items in the list, then see every note with the selected keyword(s)/tag(s), something like CintaNotes.

Using hotkey combinations (non-selectable save for one) is great for non-mousers (no offense mouser  :P), but it would be much more convenient if those combinations were also toolbar icons as well, thus reducing switches from mouse to keyboard to mouse.

All in all, I'd say this is a worthwhile start ... can't wait to see what it's like when it graduates from v0.2 to v1.0  :Thmbsup:.

Edit:  typos.

ahhha:
@40hz: lanux128 is right, I don't have a website currently. Maybe I should establish one again since my old site has died years ago. But before I got my own website back, I'll be here to release, update and get comments. The installer actually is a self extracted executable created by 7-zip. It should be safe unless my computer got infected, you'd better scan it after downloading it, and inform me please, if the installer got infected.  :)

@lanux128: thanks for vouching  ;D, and the suggestions.

@Paul Keith: yes, multiple tags is not supported currently.

@barney: multi-tags, url embedded, tool icons will be in the to-do list, thanks for suggestions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version