ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Regex Sorter

(1/4) > >>

Shardnax:
I maintain the master list and help with maintaining the master list of threads on some sites, alphabetizing them is probably the most troublesome thing to do, on with my request:

What I'm looking for is a text editor like notepad, or an external program to alphabetize text files based on the name that is contained in the brackets of a url tag in BBCode.
Thread Title
*url=http://www.examplesite.com/showthread.php?t=thread]Thread Title 2[/url*

If I posted this incorrectly please tell me, and how I can fix it. Many thanks to anyone that decides to pick up this request.

timns:
Doesn't sound too bad at all - if no-one picks this up by March 28th, I'll do this one.

How I would do this: a bit of Java that reads a file and applies a regex to find the sort criteria in each line.

Say something like the following: ^.*?=thread\](.*?)\[.*?$

Sort on \1

Rewrite

This would actually be very easy to make configurable, possibly quite handy for other uses.

Shardnax:
Doesn't sound too bad at all - if no-one picks this up by March 28th, I'll do this one.

How I would do this: a bit of Java that reads a file and applies a regex to find the sort criteria in each line.

Say something like the following: ^.*?=thread\](.*?)\[.*?$

Sort on \1

Rewrite

This would actually be very easy to make configurable, possibly quite handy for other uses.
-timns (March 16, 2011, 11:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Feel free to add extra functionality as you want, all I want is the url sorting :P. Thanks for offering so quickly.

skwire:
I have this pretty much done.  Would you mind providing a list of valid URLs and your expected sorting of them for testing purposes?  If they're sensitive links, feel free to PM the list.

timns:
skwire, is it a general solution? Since I can think of a couple of uses for this sort of sorting. If it's specific to sorting URLs I may still have a crack at it later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version