ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: Birthdays (simple birthday tracking app)

<< < (15/17) > >>

nogojoe:
Oh.

Having updated (using dcupdater because I'm lazy) I find everything's now listed in January... :(
-oblivion (March 14, 2012, 02:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Same thing happened to me  drat didnt back up the data (birthdays  text file) just got to guess the birthday months all the other data is in the text file   :( :-[ :-[

skwire:
Ah, crap.  I apologise for this and, after some digging, I know what caused it.  It has to do with compiling as Unicode but trying to read the older ANSI birthdays.txt file.  Man, what a stupid oversight on my part.  I hope I didn't cause you guys too much work.   :( :( :(  I am very sorry.

oblivion:
I hope I didn't cause you guys too much work.   :( :( :(  I am very sorry.-skwire (March 14, 2012, 09:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Fortunately, I only have about 40 entries and we have a backup (a Dr Who calendar on the kitchen wall with people's birthdays and anniversaries handwritten onto it!) so the ones I couldn't remember the month of (a handful) didn't take much sorting out! Now stop beating yourself up! :)  :trout:

Herbesj:
Oh.

Having updated (using dcupdater because I'm lazy) I find everything's now listed in January... :(
-oblivion (March 14, 2012, 02:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
I am getting something different.  Dcupdater keeps downloading v1.0.8 and I download the same version when I download from the software page.

skwire:
Dcupdater keeps downloading v1.0.8 and I download the same version when I download from the software page.-Herbesj (March 19, 2012, 02:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yep, sorry about that.  I reverted the build once oblivion and nogojoe reported the ANSI/UTF-8 screwup I made.  This was to prevent any others from messing up their birthdays until I could write a fix for the problem.  Apologies for the trouble; here the latest version:

Website | Download
v1.1.0 - 2012-03-19
    ! Fixed ANSI/UTF-8 issue introduced by the last build.

Backup your current birthdays.txt file before running this version.  Ideally, this version should just appear to work as normal on your machine but please let me know either way.  Thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version