ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: Birthdays (simple birthday tracking app)

<< < (4/17) > >>

skwire:
1. add to the right-click menu a check/uncheck all just for a specific month.
2. would love to add a comment/note by double clicking on a particular birthday. Is that possible?-PhilB66 (March 18, 2011, 11:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

* For sure.
* Hmmm...I'm trying to keep the listviews very simple but, yes, I could do this.  There are two schools of thought:

* Store the data (single line only) in a hidden listview column and then display the data in the status bar or edit field at the bottom of the main dialog when said birthday is highlighted.
* Provide one popup (pop out cake?! =) generic edit field where you can keep notes on all the birthdays.  Think a basic notepad-style window.

mouser:
I think having ability to make notes is great, BUT i would like to suggest a much simpler more flexible solution.  Instead of giving each entry it's own note, which has some logic but i think would be messy and hard to spot at a glance, can i suggest something much simpler and more straightforward:

A single memo box on the main screen, just a notepad area where one could write whatever notes one wants to keep about birthdays; this might be used to keep general notes and updates and news, and/or a list of addresses, etc.

Whatever minor advantage would be lost by not having a separate note for each entry i think would be made up for by the advantages from simplicity.

PhilB66:
@skwire

The generic notepad-like method to keep notes would work for me. Thanks.

tomos:
Excellent little helper. Kudos to grandma Marlene. Love the icons.
-PhilB66 (March 18, 2011, 11:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1 (for each) :up:

and adding notes would be great, be it pop up or part of the main window

skwire:
Here are the two choices.

Integrated:

Separate (popup is complete resizable and positionable):

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version