ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > fSekrit

FSekrit 1.40 Error Saving File

<< < (5/5)

tomos:
^ no, I meant sequence of posts (gotta be more specific in my writing) -
the [edited] 'solution' post came before your post which didnt make sense to me, until I realised it was edited...

f0dder:
Good to hear the source of the issue was found, but damn - that's pretty nasty, and a somewhat convoluted workaround. It seems like the issue has been introduced with some (late-ish) Win7 update? That would explain why I haven't run into it, since I've been running Win8 and now Win10 for a while - at least those versions haven't been plagued.

I wonder if there's anything I can do programmatically against this. The SuperUser thread mentions "several minutes delay", so doing a couple of tries with a short delay between (as is done elsewhere) is not an option.

cranioscopical:
FWIW I've run into the same issue on Win 10 Pro 64 but only intermittently. 'Save As' and then replace the original version was a work-around.

f0dder:
Sorry for the late reply :-[

FWIW I've run into the same issue on Win 10 Pro 64 but only intermittently. 'Save As' and then replace the original version was a work-around.
-cranioscopical (September 18, 2018, 07:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hm, I haven't seen any issue like this, and I'm running Win10 Pro x64 as well.

Intermittent problems are darn annoying, they're difficult to solve - even more so when they don't happen for me. And yeah, I still use fSekrit regularly myself :)

wraith808:
Yeah, I have it intermittently too; I just figure it's because I use fsekrit in a dropbox folder.  As that accesses the files to sync/check them, I could see there being an access problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version