ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

How to exclude url link shortcuts?

<< < (2/2)

superboyac:
yeah if there is nothing special about them from their filenames (like .com in filename or .url in extension or something) then you aren't going to be able to tell farr to filter them out en masse.
-mouser (March 14, 2011, 12:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's what I figured.  What's frustrating is that they always seem to have priority over the program file of the same name.  Maybe it's just in my head, but that's how it appears to me.

mouser:
hmm.. well this is an interesting point.. i do resolve shortcuts for some purposes.. let me look back into this and refresh my memory about whether FARR will score based on resolved filename, and if so, how one would adjust score based on resolving to a url..

superboyac:
hmm.. well this is an interesting point.. i do resolve shortcuts for some purposes.. let me look back into this and refresh my memory about whether FARR will score based on resolved filename, and if so, how one would adjust score based on resolving to a url..
-mouser (March 14, 2011, 01:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
I've been trying to figure out a good way to eliminate them.  But there's nothing that can distinguish it from any other link, other than intuition.

hanzo:
how do you tell them apart? there must be some clue for you to determine if it's a shortcut url or not.

I was able to give preferred links higher scores by putting them all in alias name "*". It's a little troublesome if u have lots of links to add. But add them as they appear, and it shouldn't be that hard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version