ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DesktopCoral

What am I doing wrong?

(1/3) > >>

MostBrownPlayer:
So I just downloaded this today to keep space for my RocketDock, but now it isn't working.  I am currently running on Windows 7 but I installed and ran the program in Windows XP SP3.  I have it docked at the bottom of my screen set up and everything but when I maximize a window it just goes over it like nothing.  Help? Thanks.

Spimunk:
I have the same problem as you and sadly have yet to find an answer.

Is anyone out there able to help? As this program is a great idea and I am sure it's just a little thing I am doing wrong as I've installed it with the XP compatibility as well, it does to either top bottom and either side fine and I can play with all the settings but it just doesn't stop the window going over the coral and my rocketdock at the bottom of my screen

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Spimunk:
OK I've fixed it!

I found that when I used a background image (i picked the same one as my desktop background, makes sense really) it works! I then just dropped the opacity to one notch just before 0 and it works!

For your info, my settings are:

Transparent mode: Unticked
Preserve Desktop: Unticked
Start with Windows: Ticked

Docking Position: Bottom
Width: 100
Height: 60
Opacity: 1

Use background image: Ticked
File: My chosen desktop background
Title Radial button marked

mouser:
i tested it just now on Windows 7, without setting any compatibility mode, and it worked fine..

i wonder what is going on that it's not working for you guys -- anyone else with windows7 experience can report?
does the same thing happen whether its docked to any side of the screen?
do you have any other odd desktop management tools installed?
is it possible that some applications maximize over it and some dont?

mouser:
oh i see Spimunk has just posted a clue!  ok let me read and try to understand why it works in one case and not another.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version