ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best Text Expander software for Windows

<< < (12/13) > >>

bmms:
I do not hide my identity as coming from PhraseExpress. Of course, I answer questions about our software if they arise.

For this purpose I have configured Google Alerts that notifies me if our product name is mentioned on any social media platform. It is because, you are important to us.

I am particularly eager to clarify things if any user (regardless if authentic or fake) praises a feature of a competitor that even originally came from us.

I hope that you at least don't believe that we stage users who apparently seem to have registered here for the sole purpose to bring up a competitor name?

In this context, you have to be aware, that competitors have set Google Alerts for our product as well. ;-)

mahesh2k:
I gave Auspex a quick try but it seems to be way too buggy and early to be really useful at the present stage, compared to all the well established programs that already exist for years.

I appreciate your enthusiam to hunt bugs as an entertaining hobby but right now I have things to do and no time for fiddling.

I am now evaluating Phrase Express and it seems to be an awesome program. It seems to be very well designed, established and I just scratched its surface.

It's free for home use. You might want to check it out.
-Mattphoes (March 13, 2011, 06:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh i get it now, who's OP here.  :Thmbsup:

steeladept:
I do not hide my identity as coming from PhraseExpress. Of course, I answer questions about our software if they arise.

For this purpose I have configured Google Alerts that notifies me if our product name is mentioned on any social media platform. It is because, you are important to us.

I am particularly eager to clarify things if any user (regardless if authentic or fake) praises a feature of a competitor that even originally came from us.

I hope that you at least don't believe that we stage users who apparently seem to have registered here for the sole purpose to bring up a competitor name?

In this context, you have to be aware, that competitors have set Google Alerts for our product as well. ;-)
-BartelsMedia (March 19, 2011, 08:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
I appreciate the sensitivity to the statements above and believe me when I state I do not believe ANYONE here believed you did try to hide your identity. You have been here off and on for quite some time and have been quite helpful anytime anyone has questions or problems.  DC is a particularly helpful place to get results on any software because so many different people here use so much different software in so many different ways.  It only helps improve the site when developers, marketers, or others directly related to the software and it's development join the site and contribute as well.

I don't know mouser personally, but I do know how he reacts to many issues that arise on the site and I have never, never, seen him accuse anyone of anything abusive.  The most I have seen posted is a firm but polite request about affiliation or request to steer clear of specific topics as appropriate given the terms of participation.  Given that, and what I read from him above, I can only say I have no doubt he was stating that to the readers in general to remind them of the policies of this forum and why it is okay - actually preferred - that you participate here in the way you are. 

I just hope that is how you took it and if not, then I hope this explains how it reads (at least one way it reads) to a third party.

elvisbrown:
I'm a coder and my typing is pathetic to be honest....I use Phrase Express for simple typing corrections like chnage to change and I have many inbuily typing defects all of which get corrected on the fly as I type badly. Brilliant.

But where it exceeds all the others that I tried is that I can type in "slabentry" without the quotes and have all this code automagically appear:

Dim session As New NotesSession
Dim db As NotesDatabase
Set db = session.CurrentDatabase
Dim view As NotesView
Set view = db.getView("XXXXXXXX")
view.AutoUpdate = False
Dim vc As NotesViewEntryCollection
Set vc = view.AllEntries
Dim entry As NotesViewEntry
Dim doc As NotesDocument
Set entry = vc.GetFirstEntry()
While not entry is nothing
Set doc = entry.Document
<some code here please>
Set entry = vc.GetNextEntry(entry)
Wend

and this just one of many bits of pre-configured keywords I have put in.....it makes the boilerplate bits of coding immediate without annoying typos and errors.

When first installed it can seem a bit overdone and daunting but you can delete out all the crap stuff that is in there by default.

Highly recommended. BTW I've not been nagged about commercial use.

HankFriedman:
I installed Phrase Express but could not figure out how to customize it to autocorrect my spelling errors.

It has built-in correction dictionaries but didn't make it obvious at all how to build one's own.

I uninstalled it right away.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version