ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best Text Expander software for Windows

<< < (10/13) > >>

Josh:
+1 to 40hz comments. I absolutely despise the use of "edition" terminology when it is not appropriate.

caveatrob:
Would love to see a comparison of Breevy and PhraseExpress.

Breevy continually adds new things-  did you know that you can make a folder full of abbreviations pop up as a context menu in any window for you to choose an abbreviation?

bmms:
did you know that you can make a folder full of abbreviations pop up as a context menu in any window for you to choose an abbreviation?
-caveatrob (March 18, 2011, 12:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

PhraseExpress does this since 2006:

It also has some unique extra features:

* PhraseExpress automatically offers a popup menu when you re-use the same Autotext for multiple phrases.
* You can also assign a hotkey instead of just an Autotext which offers additional options to quickly select the desired item from the popup menu.
* The popup does not interrupt your typing flow when it is shown. If you ignore it, it automatically disappears after a few keystrokes.
* You can make any popup menu a "floating menu" that stays on the desktop for easy access.
* Phrases can also be selected via a customizable quick-key.
* A preview of the phrase contents is shown if you hover over items in the popup.
* The popup menu look can be configured in detail.
Here is a list of features in PhraseExpress for comparison.

40hz:
Is it just me, or is some of this thread starting to read like an ad?  ;)

barney:
Is it just me, or is some of this thread starting to read like an ad?  ;)
-40hz (March 18, 2011, 10:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Been that way for quite a few posts, methinks  :'( :P.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version