ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best Text Expander software for Windows

<< < (2/13) > >>

timns:
I think you should have a look at Auspex  :Thmbsup: and rjbull's thread named about a half dozen more (much to my surprise at the time, but that was me jumping in with both feet before researching what else was out there)

Yes, Auspex is still in development, and yes I would love to have more suggestions for what to add, and of course how to make it better at what it does already.

And to the folks in the thread above, I say thank you for the recommendation.

Mattphoes:
I gave Auspex a quick try but it seems to be way too buggy and early to be really useful at the present stage, compared to all the well established programs that already exist for years.

I appreciate your enthusiam to hunt bugs as an entertaining hobby but right now I have things to do and no time for fiddling.

I am now evaluating Phrase Express and it seems to be an awesome program. It seems to be very well designed, established and I just scratched its surface.

It's free for home use. You might want to check it out.

40hz:
I appreciate your enthusiam to hunt bugs as an entertaining hobby but right now I have things to do and no time for fiddling.
-Mattphoes (March 13, 2011, 06:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

?????  :huh:

cranioscopical:
-Mattphoes (March 13, 2011, 06:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's always interesting to hear a new voice, one can learn a lot. I like to think that you'll find something that is appropriate.

cmpm:
Pretty short search for a simple program and settle for Phrase Express, which is one of many awesome programs that can be found just from simply searching and viewing the first couple of pages of hits.

Auspex is in development and awaiting input from users to make it better, as this site is so good at.

Phrase Express is below the level of Auspex in light user specific input for features, as well as user custom settings.
And I found Phrase Express to be more intrusive and overkill then helpful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version