ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best Text Expander software for Windows

(1/13) > >>

Mattphoes:
I am looking for a decent text expander solution. So far, I tried Direct Access and Breevy but both appear to be too buggy/slow and limited to be really useful.

Do you have any suggestion?

My requirements are:

+ Storing boilerplate templates and call them either by text shortcuts or hotkeys

+ Templates may include formatted text

+ Should work with Firefox and Open Office

lanux128:
you may want to take a look at Auspex. :)

barney:
I've been using ShortKeys for several years.  The free version is limited to, I think, fifteen (15) replacement sets, but the paid version accommodates many more.

The replacement text is limited to 3,000 characters, so that may not work for you.  I've never had need to try truly formatted text, so cannot speak to that.  It's a Windows TSR, so it works in almost any application.

You might give it a try.

You might also take a look at timns' Auspex.  I don't know the limits, just started playing with it, but since timns is an active DC local, he'd prolly accommodate reasonable enhancement suggestions if Auspex doesn't currently perform to your needs.

Edit:  I see lanux128 got in while I was typing  :P.

lanux128:
You might also take a look at timns' Auspex.  I don't know the limits, just started playing with it, but since timns is an active DC local, he'd prolly accommodate reasonable enhancement suggestions if Auspex doesn't currently perform to your needs.-barney (March 12, 2011, 08:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes, that's one of the main reason i suggested Auspex as [user]timns[/user] is quite active and responsive to user suggestions. :up:

rjbull:
There has been much discussion of text expanders on DC already.  I listed some of the other expanders, and links to DC thread that mention them, here: Re: Auspex

List is not exhaustive!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version