ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Getting Organized Experiment of 2009

Looking for Suggestions for Name of New Blog that Will be Abandoned

<< < (5/6) > >>

mahesh2k:
You can get domain name from namecheap at cost 9.95$/year and point it to your tumblr or typepad blog or dreamhostapps blog. I think that will do for personal branding.

Studiopress has premium framework upon which themes are built and it's privately maintained. Alternative frameworks like hybrid and thematic are free frameworks and there are also some themes which are free based on those frameworks. It's not about CSS editing but about premium support and extended features which are usually required if you're web developer and building web sites for clients. For example, genesis (studiopress) framework has SEO and php hooks built-in inside the dashboard of theme, which you don't find with free theme frameworks. You don't need them because that's not needed for your blog.

app103:
Are premium themes just themes that allow for css?
-Paul Keith (March 14, 2011, 09:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

All themes I have seen, including the crappiest free ones,  use CSS and allow you to use your own CSS.

Paul Keith:
You can get domain name from namecheap at cost 9.95$/year and point it to your tumblr or typepad blog or dreamhostapps blog. I think that will do for personal branding.
--- End quote ---

Yes, where I live and considering I am unemployed, 9.95$/year is expensive especially for an abandoned blog. Could I find some way to acquire it? Yes, it's not impossible but it's still a noticeable enough drain.

It's not about CSS editing but about premium support and extended features which are usually required if you're web developer and building web sites for clients. For example, genesis (studiopress) framework has SEO and php hooks built-in inside the dashboard of theme, which you don't find with free theme frameworks. You don't need them because that's not needed for your blog.
--- End quote ---

All themes I have seen, including the crappiest free ones,  use CSS and allow you to use your own CSS.
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the clarifications.

Renegade:
Have you got any names/concepts that you are thinking of yet?

Paul Keith:
I try not to think about it since this is technically a suggestion thread and I wanted to be as neutral to the names as possible.

As far as productivity concepts, some of the name suggestions and the choice of a hosted wordpress/blogger and being on DC or not pretty much opened up any concept I planned but nonetheless the intention remains for it to be an abandoned blog - sort of like a static page/online book but written in such a way that it's more akin to a blog novel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version