ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

A LOUDER Internet

<< < (2/5) > >>

katykaty:
3½ years ago I was searching for a video decompiler, picture extractor, and found one at http://www.softwareclub.ws/ The site is still as it was then, nothing has changed. Terrible muzak, unless maybe if you are a (censored for the sake of world peace).

scroll down and click the microscopic "sound on/off" - it will always be on when you enter:

(see attachment in previous post)

-Curt (March 11, 2011, 03:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
And it'll turn itself back on as you navigate through the site. Dismal.

MrCrispy:
The no. of people who don't want to click 'play' on a page with embedded media will always be a LOT greater than those who do. So this is never going to change.

The point of the web is to provide a rich user experience. If a website has music, I of course want the music to start playing when I visit it. The fact that this feature is abused doesn't mean autoplay is bad.

Renegade:
The no. of people who don't want to click 'play' on a page with embedded media will always be a LOT greater than those who do. So this is never going to change.

The point of the web is to provide a rich user experience. If a website has music, I of course want the music to start playing when I visit it. The fact that this feature is abused doesn't mean autoplay is bad.
-MrCrispy (March 15, 2011, 06:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're quite correct.

For *some* cases it is appropriate. But certainly not for a pop under ad page.  >:( When you've got as many programs, windows, and tabs open as I do, it's impossible to find. And VERY annoying at 2am.

Sound in general is a problem like that though as there's no such thing as setting the actual real volume output. Different sources play at different volumes. This makes things even worse.

f0dder:
Autoplay is always bad.

I can't think of a single time it's been what I want, whether I was surfing casually or I intentionally hit a band, game or movie site. For playing a Java or Flash game, yes, but not for pretty much anything else.

And people who do audio in advertisements should have their guts removed with rusty spoons.

Renegade:
And people who do audio in advertisements should have their guts removed with rusty spoons.
-f0dder (March 15, 2011, 06:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahahaha~! :D

I see someone has a strong opinion on the subject~! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version