ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Will Wright's Spore - 30 minute amazing video

<< < (2/3) > >>

tonyp:
Anyone remember the game EVO for the SNES?  Finally, we get a proper spiritual successor!

Slight spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen the video:

Seriously, the option to blow up a planet if you desire?  How cool!  And I wonder if he was serious when he said that star was about to go supernova and "we need to stay clear of that"?  Could you?  Even if not, the idea of your whole solar system you built from scratch being wiped out by a supernova star is amazing.

I seriously hope it takes some long, hard grinding to get to such levels of power though.  I can understand if the casual gamers aren't looking for a game that long, but I don't want to go from a spore to an intergalactic master in the span of a few hours, personally.  I'm a little confused as to WHY they want to populate the game world with other player's creatures, cities, planets etc... personally I would think the computer could probably randomly generate something just as good.  I'm sure they've tested this though, and perhaps the game will truly feel contentiously fresh and unpredictable.

I have to wonder how lizard creatures drive tanks and planes, though.  I was a little bit disappointed that in no time after the mating phase did they ever evolve.  Why would your primitive creatures not further evolve from what we would consider the cavemen days?  I was quite hoping for one more evolutionary leap before cities and vehicles.

ToxMox:
I can't wait for this game to come out.  Looks really exciting.

skrommel:
 :( And here we fiddle with our puny programs...
I really must learn to program properly!

Skrommel, totally desillusioned...

allen:
Is there a projected release date for this "game" ?

jroad:
Is there a projected release date for this "game" ?
--- End quote ---

Release Date: 11/15/2006, according to 1up.com, http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3138792&did=1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version