ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Timns Apps

timns Friendly Password Generator

<< < (2/5) > >>

timns:
Looks good! I currently use this, which has some similar features, but yours looks even better.

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (March 09, 2011, 09:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Son of a mother! It has some of the features mine does... but in a far more primitive interface  :P

timns:
I'm curious about this bit - what's the additional piece of data that factors into the password generation?  Would the generated password be different if I ran the program on a different machine or if it was logged on as a different user?  If I don't understand what would make the generated password the same/different, I might not be able to recover the password for that Swiss bank account that has the $2 million that I might one day donate to DC...
-mwb1100 (March 09, 2011, 09:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

A very good question my liege. You will indeed have to be on the same PC and logged in as the same user. It's all about seeds, hashes and UUIDs.

Speaking of that 2 mill, mouser said I should hold onto it for him, so when you're ready just pop it over, ok?

techidave:
I have looked at several of these over the years thinking I would use them in our school.  But the lack of making them "easy" to remember wasn't attractive to me.  After looking at yours program using say lower case, no numbers or special punctuations, and 4 characters long with the memorability checked made it a winner in my eyes.

I don't need it (for me) to create thousands of passwords at a time as we are only 140 students K-12.

I typically would work by grade level on something like this at one time so for me and only me, 25 different passwords would be awesome!

Your pretty fast on the draw your self!  :Thmbsup:

timns:
I had to share this password. If that ain't both pronounceable and memorable, I don't know what is!

timns Friendly Password Generator

timns:
Ok, I just uploaded a new version which can generate as many passwords as you like. The form is resizable so you can pull it out a bit to see all the passwords, or scroll.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version