ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Timns Apps

Auspex Suggestions

<< < (4/4)

HankFriedman:
A couple of issues that I encountered:

1. auto-correct of com with compatibility messed with my entering URLs!

2. on my win 7 64 bit system, Auspex notably slows down shutdown

thanks

timns:
A couple of issues that I encountered:

1. auto-correct of com with compatibility messed with my entering URLs!

2. on my win 7 64 bit system, Auspex notably slows down shutdown
-HankFriedman (February 06, 2011, 01:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

1. Good one - I can look at maybe preventing completions being triggered if they match certain patterns (e.g. url's and email addresses)

For now, you could increase the length of the completion trigger from 3 to 4:

Auspex Suggestions

But having just tinkered with the word 'completion' and FireFox, I'm not totally sure what may be happening to you. Can you

a) Install 1.2.2.98
b) Explain a bit more please?

2. That's a new one. When Auspex closes, it simply writes a small xml file to your appdata folder and slips away. I can add a bit of logging if you would not mind running a debug version for me.

griffo:
if location of suggestions is not where cursor is, can you allow permanent customisable location for a particular program?

when a phrase is suggested, can you allow selecting part of the suggested phrase with short-cut keys? - ie. manually select part of the first word of the suggested word OR phrase, or manually select the first few words of the suggested phrase.

finally, if all i have is one of these lone standard numpad keyboards - http://www.google.com/imghp?q=standard%20numpad%20keyboard&hl=en&tab=wi
how would i go about setting up keyboard chording with one of these keyboards?
basically i'd like to be able to learn chording patterns as the program learns frequently typed phrases - perhaps with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_keypad as a base, with dead keys/modifiers being the surrounding keys as well as numpad number keys acting as learnable chords for frequently typed words.

apologies if i've posted in the wrong place, i've been searching all day for a program (even non-free versions) and yours is the closest i could find. i have more suggestions - should this be the right place to post...

timns:
Sorry for the slow response - I've been off DC for a while.

First up, there will be a new Auspex this weekend. I'll read and absorb your comments and see if anything can be done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version