ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

England Is Grinding To A Halt.

<< < (4/13) > >>

Beth UK:
Crawley and Leatherhead junctions (ahh, two lovely-sounding town names eh?)
-timns (March 10, 2011, 04:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

I grew up between the two - and wondered if the people who name towns have a problem with imagination sometimes!

I used to live in London where at least you get a tube or one of any number of (crowded smelly) buses - but living in Cambridgeshire means a car is essential for what I do - and the mileage allowance being less than the cost of fuel means I end up subsidising my own job. (Working in the NHS already feels like a criminal offence without the extra expense this imposes)

timns:
Ugh! And talking about crowded and smelly - when I was in London, it was either take the Northern Line or walk 30 minutes to get to the client. In eight years, I used it maybe 3 or 4 times, and even that was too much.

By the way Beth - Twiggles is having a moment over your avatar

Beth UK:
Ugh! And talking about crowded and smelly - when I was in London, it was either take the Northern Line or walk 30 minutes to get to the client. In eight years, I used it maybe 3 or 4 times, and even that was too much.
-timns (March 10, 2011, 05:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

The northern Line...I may not sleep tonight remembering that!

By the way Beth - Twiggles is having a moment over your avatar
--- End quote ---

May I remind Twiggles this is a public place! 8)

timns:
We need a 'War Stories' board. I have tales that would turn your hair grey. Certainly did for my hair :mad:

cranioscopical:
-timns (March 10, 2011, 05:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

OTOH I had my London office on the street between Regent Street and Carnaby Street. Even today I shudder to remember what I used to pay for daily parking >30 years ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version