ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

England Is Grinding To A Halt.

<< < (3/13) > >>

Shades:
@johnk:
Moving for a job is a lot harder if you are a house owner. At least that is the case in the Netherlands. Which also has more rules and regulations that make it more difficult to move. And in the rural areas it is the same with public transport.

Although the buses here in Paraguay are not new and/or nice looking, there are a lot of them and they do drive a very big part of the day (05:00 till 23:00). Not according to any time schedule, but it hardly happens that you have to wait 10 minutes and you have some lines that transport you about 20 kilometers out of the city center (Asuncion) for 40 euro cents.

Ok, sometimes the bus is very crowded but during office hours it is the fastest way to travel.

Buses in the city suburbs drive less frequently and there are less of them, but the price also drops to 25 euro cents.

skwire:
No offence but frankly, if it caused 50% of the cars currently on the UK roads to not be on the road, that would be a Good Thing.   :Thmbsup:

-4wd (March 09, 2011, 09:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

How would it be a good thing?-Stephen66515 (March 10, 2011, 12:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe he was making a joke regarding UK drivers as bad drivers and having half of them off the road would be a good thing?   :P

rjbull:
50% of the cars currently on UK roads are parked along either side of those  roads.-cranioscopical (March 10, 2011, 07:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

And the M25 London orbital motorway is the world's biggest car park that doesn't have a toilet block  :(

timns:
Back in the mid-90's I used to drive the M25 every morning between the Crawley and Leatherhead junctions (ahh, two lovely-sounding town names eh?) and I would count myself lucky to make the 40 or so miles door-to-door in under an hour.

Did that for 9 months or so, and to be fair, I saw a hell of a lot of very considerate driving and only one accident. Which was the day I was supposed to be interviewing for a new contract of course. I got there as the interviewer was leaving the office. So we went down the pub, got hammered and I started the following Monday.  :Thmbsup:

mwb1100:
I got there as the interviewer was leaving the office. So we went down the pub, got hammered and I started the following Monday.
-timns (March 10, 2011, 04:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Where do I send a resume - err, my CV?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version