ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

England Is Grinding To A Halt.

(1/13) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
England is going to be grinding to a very painful halt within the next 6 month...I can almost guarantee it.  Petrol has just gone over £6 (Almost $10USD) per gallon, (Diesel passed this mark awhile back) - Fuel Tax is actually around 80% of what we pay at the pumps, so imagine what the ACTUAL cost of fuel is, and how much money people are giving to the government everytime they put the nozzle in the tank.

In 2007 when prices where around 95.1pence per litre, 63.7pence of that was TAX, now deduct that from the price, and remove around 15% (which is roughly what the garages will have added to get a profit) and then remove another 15% of THAT price for what the manufactorer will have added give themselves a profit, and you have the actual price of fuel (22.68pence), now, for the manufactorer and the garage to both still have thier 15% profit, and the government not bit you in the ass, the fuel would have cost 30pence per litre.

Now that the price has gone to £1.40+ per litre, tax is around 97pence of this.

Thought we only paid 20% tax in the UK?  Think again.

4wd:
No offence but frankly, if it caused 50% of the cars currently on the UK roads to not be on the road, that would be a Good Thing.   :Thmbsup:

Renegade:
Tax is ok when it is spent responsibly.

But has anyone ever heard of a government, real or fictional, that actually spends money responsibly?

iphigenie:
I'm not sure the cost we are paying in the UK isnt closer to the real cost of fuel - human, environmental etc.

I'm also not so sure the price of fuel is even in the top 20 of scandalous things in the UK

Renegade:
I'm not sure the cost we are paying in the UK isnt closer to the real cost of fuel - human, environmental etc.
-iphigenie (March 10, 2011, 03:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Very good point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version