ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

AllMyNotes or Notezilla - Looking for a Comparison

(1/4) > >>

bob99:

It's already been announced both programs are on special today.

AllMyNotes at https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=26018.0

Notezilla at https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=25975.0

Reviewing other posts on DonationCoder both are respected and quality programs.  And comparing features on both company web sites it looks like both have comparable features.  With the exception of sticky notes.

Does anyone have experience with both that would be willing to offer their thoughts or a short comparison?  I am not sure if the "sticky" note feature will used that much in my case.  And unfortunately I will not have time to run through both trial versions today to compare. I'm trying to determine if (except for the "sticky") it is an apples to apples, apples to oranges, or oranges to tangerines.  While today's discounts could enter into the decision wondering if it should.

Thanks

Curt:
The really are quite different from each other, so my advice would be to buy both! NoteZilla ($18) is for sticky notes only, while AllMyNotes ($5) is kind of a 'PIM'.

barney:
The really are quite different from each other, so my advice would be to buy both! NoteZilla ($18) is for sticky notes only, while AllMyNotes ($5) is kind of a 'PIM'.
-Curt (March 09, 2011, 12:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
+1

Used NoteZilla quite a bit in the past - better than most at what it does, also goes a bit farther in functionality than most.  If you need Post-It® functionality, it's worth the money.

AllMyNotes - free version - has been a staple on my system(s) for some time.  Lets me keep track of email addresses, software installs, other esoterica that have no dedicated apps for tracking.  Also serves as ad hoc code snippets storage until I can transfer 'em to a true snippet filer.  It's another tool worth having ... now, if we can just get eighteen (18) more folk to buy it  :-\ :P.

bob99:

Thanks to you both.  It is apples and oranges. What I was looking for.
@barney... all we need is two more as of this writing. I bought one.  :up:
@Curt... Think I will hold off on NoteZilla at least until I work with AllMyNotes a while.  It may be I decide to go the sticky route also. And I'm sure there will be another discount offered down the road.

barney:
You might consider stickies for that.  It's good, superior to most in the venue.  Or, if you're using Win7, the built in Sticky Notes is reasonable.  I've never checked to see if there's something similar for Linux, although I suspect there is.  Guess I should - could come in handy at times.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version