ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

V2 Beta of Clipboard Help+Spell With Support for Images

<< < (18/22) > >>

cranioscopical:
if I copy text I can paste it directly, but if I then copy something else, the previous clip is useless - it's thumbnail image gets pasted.-Tomos
--- End quote ---
Yeah, some of the more complex programs need a slew of associated stuff in order to maintain the purpose of whatever clip is being handled.-cranioscopical (May 04, 2011, 09:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

as I said to mouser, I would like to see the "slew of associated stuff" handled by CH&S, but in the case of text, I would very much prefer it were handled simply as text and the associated stuff dumped rather than the way it's currently dealt with...
-tomos (May 04, 2011, 09:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

I could live with that but might there be the possibility of choosing to toggle how it's handled?

tomos:
if I copy text I can paste it directly, but if I then copy something else, the previous clip is useless - it's thumbnail image gets pasted.-Tomos
--- End quote ---
Yeah, some of the more complex programs need a slew of associated stuff in order to maintain the purpose of whatever clip is being handled.-cranioscopical (May 04, 2011, 09:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

as I said to mouser, I would like to see the "slew of associated stuff" handled by CH&S, but in the case of text, I would very much prefer it were handled simply as text and the associated stuff dumped rather than the way it's currently dealt with...
-tomos (May 04, 2011, 09:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

I could live with that but might there be the possibility of choosing to toggle how it's handled?
-cranioscopical (May 04, 2011, 09:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Chris, do you mean something like:
Toggle (in options?):
just text / or text with associated data. **

Or maybe ideally it would remember text + formatting etc, but if pasted in another application that cant read associated data, then the text would be favoured?

** [edit] I'm presuming that current behaviour is of no use to you either...

tomos:
Just to clarify (I've been confusing even myself above):

Ideally CHS would remember associated data and try to paste a body of text with formatting etc.
Ideally if it cant do this, it would paste as plain text.

Should there more to the ideal options there?

I dont know if this is feasible, and/or how this would relate to text formatting in other (rich-text type) programmes

mouser:
Some apps place 3 or more different formats of data on the clipboard for each copy event -- for example a vector image, a bitmap data image, some proprietary data, and some text.

In the ideal case, which CHS will eventually get to, CHS will be able to (perhaps overidable on a per-application basis) to capture Multiple formats of clipboard data for each copy event detected.  This data could get pretty huge so it might be important to let people filter out which data to ignore from each app. But then it gets a bit hairy.

And then on pasting, it would paste all the different formats back.

Right now CHS only copies 1 chosen format of clipboard data for each copy event, either text or bitmap.  And the new version will let you decide which it should prefer if BOTH are found (previous version always defaulted to image data if it is available).

Eventually I will try to make chs support the allformats mode, though that it messy.

mouser:
New beta up with options in "Capture Options" tab to favor text over images or vice versa -- tomos can you see if that cures your Illustrator problem with no bad side effects?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version