ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

V2 Beta of Clipboard Help+Spell With Support for Images

<< < (17/22) > >>

tomos:
^ I forgot to say:
the presets weren't available. There was some option there but unfortunately I didnt keep a record of it.

After two restarts the whole thing seems to be okay now...

tomos:
... (CH+S doesn't 'see' text copied from Illustrator btw) ...
-cranioscopical (April 27, 2011, 01:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

this is a big problem for me - even if I'm editing text and copy it, it gets saved/displayed as a thumbnail
I mean, if I copy text I can paste it directly, but if I then copy something else, the previous clip is useless - it's thumbnail image gets pasted.

cranioscopical:
if I copy text I can paste it directly, but if I then copy something else, the previous clip is useless - it's thumbnail image gets pasted.-Tomos
--- End quote ---
Yeah, some of the more complex programs need a slew of associated stuff in order to maintain the purpose of whatever clip is being handled. I don't know how feasible it is to build that into CH+S manager. I know that it can be done but whether it's worth it is up to mouser.

I'll cross my… eyes… in hope (thanks for the anatomy lesson SJ).

tomos:
if I copy text I can paste it directly, but if I then copy something else, the previous clip is useless - it's thumbnail image gets pasted.-Tomos
--- End quote ---
Yeah, some of the more complex programs need a slew of associated stuff in order to maintain the purpose of whatever clip is being handled.-cranioscopical (May 04, 2011, 09:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

as I said to mouser, I would like to see the "slew of associated stuff" handled by CH&S, but in the case of text, I would very much prefer it were handled simply as text and the associated stuff dumped rather than the way it's currently dealt with...

mouser:
even if I'm editing text and copy it, it gets saved/displayed as a thumbnail
I mean, if I copy text I can paste it directly, but if I then copy something else, the previous clip is useless - it's thumbnail image gets pasted.
--- End quote ---

What must be happening here is that Illustrator is copying both text and image date to clipboard, and CHS is favoring the image data over the text.  I'll make it favor text over image data, and then if need be i'll have to add some way for you to specify preferences on a per application basis.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version