ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: abbreviations importer

<< < (13/16) > >>

jgpaiva:
1. Spaces allowed after phrases
Just wondering if it's possible to have spaces following the phrases in the textfil
-patteo (April 12, 2006, 01:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
I can see your point, i'll try to see what can be done.

2. Repeat shortcuts
Most of us probably remember shortcuts based on a system of nemonics, so invariably, they would end up with many repeats somewhere along the way. Allowing repeat makes the process of creating shortcuts easy because you can then do it intuitively.
--- End quote ---
I'm sorry but that goes a bit beyond my ahk cappacities. (although it'd be great.. anybody cares to adapt my code? :D)

3. Tooltip location, font and color
An option to choose where the tooltip appears would be useful, ie either next to the cursor or next to the mouse pointer.
--- End quote ---
At the beggining it had that option, but ahk doesn't recognize very well the position of the point of insertion of text, and sometimes, the tooltip would appear at a strange place. I'll add it back as an option.

4. Cancelling a shortcut
Right now, if I key a shortcut such as "ap" and realised that I made a mistake and want to cancel it, intuitively I press ESC, but that suspends the HotstringsScript.

Is there a Hotkey to somehow renable the HotstringsScript without having to Right Click the Icon in the system tray ?
--- End quote ---
This script works like that, it's supposed to be always suspended. When you type some shortcut, the tooltip labels (which are not suspended) go active and enable the rest of the hotstrings.
I don't think I understand veinry well what you mean.

patteo:
4. Cancelling a shortcut
Right now, if I key a shortcut such as "ap" and realised that I made a mistake and want to cancel it, intuitively I press ESC, but that suspends the HotstringsScript.

Is there a Hotkey to somehow renable the HotstringsScript without having to Right Click the Icon in the system tray ?
--- End quote ---
This script works like that, it's supposed to be always suspended. When you type some shortcut, the tooltip labels (which are not suspended) go active and enable the rest of the hotstrings.
I don't think I understand veinry well what you mean.
-jgpaiva (April 12, 2006, 03:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

OK, I guess I am the one who misunderstood how it's supposed to work. I thought it went into suspended mode when I hit Esc. My mistake.

Carol Haynes:
Right now, I use a macro program that allows repeats except that when you press the trigger (<space>) there's a popup that gives you the possible choices.

ap=approach
ap=appraise

The popup in this case would be
1. approach
2. appraise

To select appraise, all You have to do is press 2 and appraise would be inserted where the cursor is.
--- End quote ---

Try http://www.clasohm.com/lmt/en/ which does exactly this as you type. It learns your vocabulary as you type documents or you can feed it text documents to train it to your vocab. Don't go mad though if the dictionary gets too big it slows down. It doesn't expand abbreviations though (as far as I remember) just gives choices from the first few letters. IIRC you can include phrases though.

It has been a while since I used it but it worked pretty well.

Carol Haynes:
I'm using Perfect Keyboard from www.softwareutilities.com

It's been around for many years now. At least 10+ years if I remember correctly.

Apart from shortcuts to replace text, it does a lot of other things like allow you to record keystrokes, and for the more adventurous, it has a lot of other functions in it and even a VBA like scripting language depending on which version.

It is very powerful indeed provided one taps the power.

Of course there are many such programs around.
-patteo (April 12, 2006, 03:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually it orginates from http://www.pitrinec.com/ (I presume he must also have aquired the new domain name too - which was a good buy I guess!).

If you want a good Macro program MacroToolWorks (http://www.softwareutilities.com/toolsworks.htm) is not cheap but includes everything you could ever want out of a macro  apps, also PerfectMenu allows you to enhance all right click menus in Windows and add macro buttons to them etc. They work well together.

MTW Advanced Scripting Edition also includes Visual Basic scripting style support.

If you are going to buy any of these utilities it is worth considering Macro tool works as it includes the functionality of pretty much all the other utilities (except Perfect Menu).

patteo:
Try http://www.clasohm.com/lmt/en/ which does exactly this as you type. It learns your vocabulary as you type documents or you can feed it text documents to train it to your vocab. Don't go mad though if the dictionary gets too big it slows down. It doesn't expand abbreviations though (as far as I remember) just gives choices from the first few letters. IIRC you can include phrases though.

It has been a while since I used it but it worked pretty well.
-Carol Haynes (April 12, 2006, 06:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Funny, thanks Carol for the heads-up. When I was downloading it, I realised that I had already downloaded this before in Oct 2005. But I just did not get to try it.

It just shows how important reinforcement is. And that's how this forum can really help one another. I mean it's so easy to do "Drive-by" downloading and never get to try them and forget why you even downloaded them in the 1st place.

Thanks again Carol and of course wr975 who mentioned this in another thread, https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=3178.msg22134#msg22134
And not to forget Mouser who started it all.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version