ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: abbreviations importer

<< < (12/16) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Neat - well done

Harrie:
Jgpaiva, it's absolutely perfect.    Just perfect!  This is a beautiful piece of work.  Thank you a million times over for a job well done.  Wow! 

patteo:
I'm a little late to the party.

I have a couple of suggestions (based on my use of a macro program) that others may find useful :

1. Spaces allowed after phrases
Just wondering if it's possible to have spaces following the phrases in the textfile.txt

tqb=the quick brown fox
jo=jumps over
tld=the lazy dog.

ie there's a space after "fox" and "over"

Currently, the space after "fox" and "over" is not recognized.

As most people will use space as a trigger, they basically would be typing
tqb<space><space>jo<space><space>tld<space>

If the space after "fox" and "over" is recognized, then it becomes quite natural as they would be typing
tqb<space>jo<space>tld<space>

2. Repeat shortcuts
Most of us probably remember shortcuts based on a system of nemonics, so invariably, they would end up with many repeats somewhere along the way. Allowing repeat makes the process of creating shortcuts easy because you can then do it intuitively.

Right now, I use a macro program that allows repeats except that when you press the trigger (<space>) there's a popup that gives you the possible choices.

ap=approach
ap=appraise

The popup in this case would be
1. approach
2. appraise

To select appraise, all You have to do is press 2 and appraise would be inserted where the cursor is.

3. Tooltip location, font and color
An option to choose where the tooltip appears would be useful, ie either next to the cursor or next to the mouse pointer.

Right now, the tooltip appears close to where the mouse pointer is.
However, most of us would be looking where the cursor is rather than where the mouse pointer is.

By having the tooltip appear close to the cursor will ensure that you can keep your focus on what you are typing.

It would be nice too if one can set the size of the tooltip font (or even the color to help it stand out) so that a quick glance can do the trick for those of us who are a little over the hill.

4. Cancelling a shortcut
Right now, if I key a shortcut such as "ap" and realised that I made a mistake and want to cancel it, intuitively I press ESC, but that suspends the HotstringsScript.

Is there a Hotkey to somehow renable the HotstringsScript without having to Right Click the Icon in the system tray ?

Perhaps I'm asking too much.

jgpaiva, even without the above, as it is, it's already a work or art.

rjbull:
patteo,

Which macro program are you using?

Would you get more mileage out of IntelliComplete or Instant Text (reviewed on DC by Harrie?)

patteo:
I'm using Perfect Keyboard from www.softwareutilities.com

It's been around for many years now. At least 10+ years if I remember correctly.

Apart from shortcuts to replace text, it does a lot of other things like allow you to record keystrokes, and for the more adventurous, it has a lot of other functions in it and even a VBA like scripting language depending on which version.

It is very powerful indeed provided one taps the power.

Of course there are many such programs around.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version