ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

[First look] Scrivener Beta 017 - Mini-Review

<< < (2/3) > >>

timns:
Nice review tomos, thank you. I'll be pointing a few people in its direction.

40hz:
Very nice review tomos.  :Thmbsup: and +1 w/Crainioscopical on the style you used.

Also wanted to say (now that I've had more experience with Scrivener) that I agree with you that my earlier comparison of it to Storybook isn't all that accurate.

While there are functional similarities between the two programs, the underlying "vibe" and workflow is quite different. Storybook has a definite approach in mind. Scrivener is more easygoing and less "in your face." Storybook challenges you to buckle down. Scrivener invites you to play.

I haven't tried the NIX version yet. But I intend to since multi-platform is a major plus for me and anyone else who straddles two or more operating systems.

Very cool app with a lot to like - and some serious under-the-hood power. With luck, this just might be the one app I can eventually standardize on for all my writing tasks. If it weren't for Scrivener still being in beta, I might have done so already.
 :)

tomos:
thanks timns & 40hz!

if you've actually installed it and had a look, it would be worth looking at this post in their forum 24TH FEB - LEE'S UPDATE - BETA 1.7 IS HERE. It gives a list of new features for this beta.
I see that collections have been implemented, yes, they are virtual folders, AND they are automatically saved :up: (I had looked at this post before I installed it, but it didnt mean much to me then...)

Select multiple entries in the tree; via their context menu you can add them to an existing collection or to a new one. If you add them to a new collection, focus then goes to the collection. It's title can then be edited. This is good!

[edit] there's also a 'visual' roadmap in that post link there [/edit]

Lindzus:
Thank you, tomos, for this very helpful review - like the style, also - much appreciated. [ :) :Thmbsup:Sending some creditz.

tomos:

^ thanks Lindzus :up:
I added a note to the review about version 1 having been released

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version