ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > fSekrit

2011 status report

<< < (2/4) > >>

Deozaan:
but who knows if I might get de-persisted by a drunk bus driver tomorrow? :)
-f0dder (March 04, 2011, 03:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

In that case please release the source today. ;)

AbteriX:
Any comments, or have people stopped using fSekrit for lack of updates? ;)
-f0dder (March 04, 2011, 01:44 PM)
--- End quote ---
I like fSekrit as it is right now  :Thmbsup:
I use it mostly to keep serial numbers for an app in the same [public] folder (or CD) as the setup for this app.
Just double click fSekrit.exe, enter the password, read the serial, close the dialog. Pretty fine.

kilves76:
Tabs is a great idea to store different profiles/contexts in one file  :-*
  With advent of computing power, maybe consider 1024 bit encryption... maybe combined with "random" encryption variations from user's password or even user selectable (a combination of rol, ror, xor etc mangling stuff, for example pw_letter/mod_3 = use rol/ror/xor).
  Please note that i am not a crypto expert so don't actually know if this would be a security risk instead of an improvement!  :D  But it's an idea that's been in my head for ages, thank you for letting me steam it out.

f0dder:
With advent of computing power, maybe consider 1024 bit encryption...-kilves76 (July 04, 2011, 03:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
Key sizes larger than 256 bits currently tends to mean public/private key based encryption (Like, RSA) rather than symmetric-cipher encryption (like, AES). That's a simplification, but the general idea is that larger bitsize doesn't necessarily mean more secure, especially not if comparing ciphers types that are very different.

maybe combined with "random" encryption variations from user's password or even user selectable (a combination of rol, ror, xor etc mangling stuff, for example pw_letter/mod_3 = use rol/ror/xor).-kilves76 (July 04, 2011, 03:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
That sounds fancy, but wouldn't add much real security - I believe in the mathematicians and cryptographers more than the marketing people - and I sincerely belive that if somebody had the capacity to break AES, adding a few ROR and ROLs would only make them LOL :)

Please note that i am not a crypto expert so don't actually know if this would be a security risk instead of an improvement!  :D  But it's an idea that's been in my head for ages, thank you for letting me steam it out.-kilves76 (July 04, 2011, 03:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the ideas - I'm by no means an expert myself... so I let the experts do the hard mathy stuff, and follow their advise :)

kilves76:
This just came to me: the ability to create highly random passwords. Choose charset (how large: a-z, with numbers, punctuation, capitalization etc), choose length (even random length between user set min and max), and have it generated. Easy to save to Fsekrit, easy to copypaste to any new website, and let your browser remember it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version