ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any XML gui tools out there?

<< < (4/4)

marcopolo2:
I have that feeling of deja vu... there was a similar thread recently and I think we mentioned such things as XSLT

I bet there's a few folks who could give you a hand with setting up a stylesheet, and once it's all set up, re-use and customisation should be a piece of cake. While falling off a log.
-timns (March 02, 2011, 07:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know of any good, easy tools for XSLT development.

There's a useful XSL link on the W3 site here http://www.w3.org/Style/XSL/

However to answer the question of a  good XSL tool it depends on your platform, some tools are linux, some are windows and some can do both like oxygen and xmlblueprint I think. Where I work we use Liquid XML Editor, but it is commercial and you might be better off with a free one if you are only doing basic stuff.

If the XML files are all the same type, then once you create the XSLT, you're good to go forever. However, if they are all different types, then you will need 1 XLST for each type.

But do check for XSL authoring tools as there might be something out there. I've done it by hand in the past, and don't know of any user-friendly authoring tools, but it doesn't mean they aren't out there.
-Renegade (March 02, 2011, 07:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Armando:
[WARNING: OLD THREAD -- I thought it would be better to post these news here though instead of creating a new thread.]

Xml marker v.2 now available !

It's greater and it's still free !  :Thmbsup:

[OOOPS... No it isn't I'll check the lincense more closely, and come back...  :(

It has almost all features I need for my everyday work with XML. It's light and speedy too.

New features:

* Unicode: Able to read, write and display Unicode. Supported encodings are UTF8 and UTF16.
*    Json! Use XML Marker to browse and edit Json files.
*    Plain text. Use XML Marker as a simple editor with no syntax highlighting and no navigation.
*    Non-collapsing: Editing in the text view will not clear your tree and table selection.
*    Bookmarks: Set bookmarks in text, tree and table views. Use CTRL+F2 to set a new bookmark, and F2 to cycle.
*    Branch selector: a text box to see and set the currently selected element using a simple syntax.
*    Faster and requires less memory.
*    More informative grid: Tags with attributes and a single text will now show the single text rather than the tag name.
*    The grid can now edit tag names (works only on the first column)
*    Grid editing checks the validity of the entered test.
*    Better synchronization and better undo redo
*    Bug fix: hangs when replacing s1 with s2 where s1 is a substring of s2.
*    Scroll wheel on the tree view can be set to scroll rather than to change tree selection. look at the options/scroll wheel changes tree selection
*    The selected row is highlighted in the grid.
*    CTRL+End and CTRL+Home respectively goes to the beginning and the end of the document
*    Line numbers and grid row numbers
*    Lines longer than 2000 character are wrapped (nothing changes in the data itself)
*    When the current document changes due to external program. XML marker shows a message box with a reload option.
*    Bug fix: different scroll amount for the up and down scroll arrows.
*    Reparse all command (F7)

Armando:
Ah well... It was a bit too good to be true...  :D
Still a great little app though. But now 125$... Which is okay if you use it for work, for sure.

Basically license says that :

If you obtained a valid license key from Symbol Click Software or an authorized reseller, your name is the same as the Licensed To field, then you may install and use the software in the specified number of users.

Each user is either (but not both):

One to five computers used primarily by a single person.
    A single computer used non-simultaneously by multiple people while physically present at the computer.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version