ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any XML gui tools out there?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Ath:
I use the FREE XML Pad (http://www.wmhelp.com/xmlpad3.htm).  -jasonvogel (April 06, 2011, 05:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hm, the site seems to have either passed away, or it's been DoCo'd (like 'slashdotted' :D)

Armando:
XML pad is good, but a bit buggy IMO. And... yes, the site seems to be gone.

After trying quite a few I settled on XML marker for simple tasks. It's fast and efficient in RAM and CPU resources.

Armando:
I should mention that XML marker has some limitations, and that's when I use xml pad.

[Edit : application is still in active development though and some of the limitations -- like no Unicode support -- should be addressed, according to the developer.]

sajman99:
I use the FREE XML Pad (http://www.wmhelp.com/xmlpad3.htm).  -jasonvogel (April 06, 2011, 05:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hm, the site seems to have either passed away, or it's been DoCo'd (like 'slashdotted' :D)
-Ath (April 07, 2011, 01:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

No luck here either. I figured I would take a look because XML Marker hasn't been updated in quite a while (2004).

Armando:
XML Marker hasn't been updated in quite a while (2004).
-sajman99 (April 07, 2011, 06:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

The developper seems activethough...  There he says

Project status:
It has been more 6 years(!) since the last release, but development has not stopped. XML Marker 2.0 should be out soon and will include the following features:

* Read XML files in Unicode using UTF 8 and UTF 16 encoding.
    * Edit json files.
    * Tree will not collapse when editing the text.