ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (148/156) > >>

ceefan:

--- ---{"error": "Sorry this API is now retired and there is no alternative API that we can support. We greatly appreciated the opportunity to have served you in this space. Thankfully, there are many alternative weather APIs freely available for you to consider. While we cannot formally recommend one over others, we would recommend searching the web for %"free weather APIs%" to see several good options and find the best fit for you. If you have any comments or feedback you'd like to share, please feel free to reach out to us at: weather-ydn-api@verizonmedia.com"}
Oh no...  :( :o :'(

Have you considered having each individual user register for and enter their own API key for something like OpenWeatherMap?

TechTeacher:
PLEASE find a new API to use. If we need to kick in a few bucks it's worth it!

Every day when I boot up the first thing I do is check the lower right hand corner of my screen to see what the weather is going to be.

Your app is the most useful thing in my Task Bar!

Knut AK:
The norwegian weather-service Yr has free weather-data in a JSON-based API, see https://developer.yr.no/

skwire:
PLEASE find a new API to use.-TechTeacher (June 09, 2021, 12:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll probably end up changing it to the OpenWeatherMap API mentioned above as it's the best free one out there.  It won't be until next week, though.

If we need to kick in a few bucks it's worth it!-TechTeacher (June 09, 2021, 12:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Donations have really dried up over the years, so they're always welcome.

https://www.dcmembers.com/skwire/donate/

smaragdus:
I had been using WeatherMate for years until I discovered sWeather which is the best weather program I have ever used. When I noticed that sWeather had stopped working I came back to WeatherMate only to discover that it was no longer working either. I contacted the developer- Ravi Bhavnani, who responded that he was working on a fix. So being deprived of my two weather programs which had been for the most part reliable, I started searching for alternatives. I came upon Tray Weather, which is open source and written in C++ but not portable and without reading the description I installed it only to find out that one needed to get an API key from OpenWeatherMap. After having a look at their Privacy Policy I decided that I didn't want their key and that Tray Weather was not for me so I uninstalled it without even testing it (at first glance I saw that it was bulky, it was not portable, it was limited). After researching some other alternatives which are not even worth mentioning I concluded that for the time being there is no real good alternative to sWeather and that I would have to rely on the inconvenience of web services like wttr.in (GitHub) which at least seamingly do not abuse user privacy (if such a beast has ever existed). If sWeather adopts OpenWeatherMap API I will have to ditch it. If someone has discovered a decent alternative to sWeather I would be grateful if they share their finding. On a side note I want to mention that Yahoo is really fabulous and proverbial- it ruined, burned and destroyed all the assets it once had.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version