ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (128/156) > >>

sportman12:
skywire  please give me step  by step install directions I did have old version do I delete old version first or ? please

skwire:
skywire  please give me step  by step install directions I did have old version do I delete old version first or ? please-sportman12 (January 22, 2019, 05:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

* Shut down sWeather.
* Make a copy of your current sWeather folder for backup.
* Download new version of sWeather.
* Unzip the version into your current sWeather folder, overwriting current files.
* Start up sWeather.

Mboxer511:
I'm having an issue with the time not displaying correctly and the forecast not working. Not sure if this is a known issue? This is running on Windows 8.1 with your newest version of the software. I completely removed my files of the old program and restarted this new program after saving the new settings. I included a screen shot of what I'm seeing and the settings I chose.

click-click:
Hello, previously my sweather tray icon would show a weather condition icon such as clouds, sun rain, etc. depending on the weather for my location. Now I only see a square box with the temperature in it. Is there a way to show the nicer weather icons instead and not the temperature?

I see now there's a checkbox for the weather condition icon that can be enabled/disabled, but how do I hide the temperature icon? I don't need both (need the space). The drop-down in the settings for temperature doesn't include none and there's no enable/disable checkbox for the temperature. :( The hover info for the condition icon doesn't show the same info (less) as the temp icon

Also the settings GUI button is chopped off at the bottom when using a dpi setting of 125%.
Thanks for getting sWeather working again. :Thmbsup:

Drugwash:
@ Mboxer511: You're probably having the same problem that I had (the underlying IE library used to connect to the TimezoneDB site doesn't support the required SSL protocol) so you'd have to untick 'Use https' in the configurations panel to get it work. But first, please go into your Internet Explorer advanced options and make sure TLS 1.2 is enabled (if available); that might get it work properly. IE8 (in my case) doesn't have such option available but disabling HTTPS in sWeather worked.

@ skwire: There's a problem with the GUI icons in XP, noticed it right after you eliminated the resources DLL but thought it might just be a different icon set. Apparently it's a rendering error for the transparent PNGs.
Here's a comparison of the old 1.7.5 GUI versus 1.7.6:

Also noticed 'Minimize to tray' is missing from the configuration panel but it does work as such; maybe you made it permanent?
Reminder: date/time still dissapears from titlebar when in TooWindow mode. The tray click is the trigger.
A funny side-effect of the ToolWindow mode: the SysCommand menu still sports a Maximize option which works although it shouldn't, since it's not a resizable window. :)

The rest seems to work as intended. Thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version