ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (124/156) > >>

skwire:
Basically working but the "Feels Like" temperature is 28C when the actual temperature is 0C. -Brothbeard (January 20, 2019, 03:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
It's mostly working, except for the aforementioned "Feels like" which is also 28°C for me while real temperature is 1°C.-Drugwash (January 20, 2019, 06:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

The data shown is the data given by Yahoo!.  However, as best I can tell, that wind chill data is not being coverted to Celsius.  Basically, it's a Fahrenheit value no matter if I'm requesting Celsius values.  Of course, I could do the math and fix it, but I've written an email to Yahoo! to see if they'll fix it first.  If they don't, within a fair amount of time, I'll fix it manually.

The 'High' appears as N/A, no idea if that's how it comes from the API or some bug in the script.-Drugwash (January 20, 2019, 06:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's a formatting bug in the data returned from Yahoo!.  I mentioned this bug as well in the aforementioned email, but I've also fixed it in my interim sWeather build in the meantime.

The blank line in the tooltip is still present (you probably didn't have time to address it - just a reminder)-Drugwash (January 20, 2019, 06:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't see this extra blank line, but let me know if I fixed it when I release the next interim build later today.

and the date/time in the titlebar still shows Thu, January 01, 00:00 due to the IE libraries being unable to connect to the site (TLS 1.2 missing in IE8 or something).-Drugwash (January 20, 2019, 06:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

You can try disabling the "Use HTTPS when possible" option in sWeather.  However, if the TimeZoneDB site force a redirect to HTTPS (or force TLS 1.2), I doubt I can fix this for you.

Drugwash:
I don't see this extra blank line, but let me know if I fixed it when I release the next interim build later today.
-skwire (January 20, 2019, 11:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
There's an extra "`n" (new line) at the end of the tooltip text, I found it in previous version and fixed it locally. Possibly your version of Windows trims it automatically, that's why you don't see it, but XP does display it.

--- ---Tray_Tip_Format_Short := sTemp . "°" . ( CF ) . " (FL: " . sChill . "°" . ( CF )  "), " . sCondition . "`n"
. "RH: " . sHumidity . "%`n"
. "Hi: " . sHigh1 . "°" . ( CF ) . ", Lo: " . sLow1 . "°" . ( CF ) . "`n"
There's another "fix" I did in my local version: tooltips for the statusbar icons. I had no idea where those were leading to; now there's a tooltip clearing it all out.

--- ---; somewhere in autoexec
Global lnkYdev := "https://developer.yahoo.com/weather/"
Global lnkTZDB := "https://www.timezonedb.com"
; further down
SB_SetParts( 300, 65, 25, 25 )
SB_SetIcon( Temp_Dir . "\yahoo.ico", 1, 3 )
SB_SetIcon( Temp_Dir . "\timezonedb.ico", 1, 4 )
; my additions following
msg := A_IsUnicode ? 0x411 : 0x410 ; SB_SETTIPTEXTW/A
SendMessage, msg, 2, "Yahoo developer site " lnkYdev, msctls_statusbar321
SendMessage, msg, 3, "TimezoneDB site " lnkTZDB, msctls_statusbar321

You can try disabling the "Use HTTPS when possible" option in sWeather.
-skwire (January 20, 2019, 11:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
That seems to have worked. Can't believe I didn't try that earlier. Or did I…? Anyway, one down.  :Thmbsup: Will be waiting for Yahoo's fixes… or yours. ;)

dhry:
Nice job Jody, thank you! Looks like it works fine.

Dhry

skwire:
There's an extra "`n" (new line) at the end of the tooltip text-Drugwash (January 20, 2019, 12:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

As mentioned previously, the version below should have a fix.

There's another "fix" I did in my local version: tooltips for the statusbar icons.-Drugwash (January 20, 2019, 12:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

I had meant to add those last night (and have in the version below).  Thanks for the reminder.   :Thmbsup:

Nice job Jody, thank you! Looks like it works fine.-dhry (January 20, 2019, 02:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Great to hear.  Thank you for the report.   :Thmbsup:

Latest interim build here:
http://www.dcmembers.com/skwire/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/apps/sweather/sWeather_v1.7.5.34.zip
http://www.dcmembers.com/skwire/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/apps/sweather/sWeather_v1.7.5.35.zip

Please read the following changelog and let me know how this version works for you (changes from the .25 build to the .34 build are in bold):

+ Added support for the new Yahoo! Weather API.  The old API was retired on
      2019-01-03.  The new API seems slower than the previous one but I don't
      know if it's because of the new OAuth requirement for this new API or
      something else.  Whatever...it works, so please be patient with it and
      apologies for any inconvenience.
    + Hovering over the "Full forecast", "Radar", and "Powered by Yahoo!" links
      shows their URL in the statusbar.  (Thanks, Drugwash)
    + Right-clicking the "Full forecast", "Radar", and "Powered by Yahoo!" links
      gives the option of copying the URL to the clipboard.
    + Added "Minimize to tray" option.  (Thanks, Drugwash)
    + Added menu option to display raw weather data.
    + Added tooltips to statusbar icons.
    * Eliminated dependencies on resources.dll and temp directory.
    - Took out the WOEID search feature because the new API doesn't support that
      currently.  Had to go back to the old method of manually getting the WOEID
      from the URL of a location on the main weather.yahoo.com website.  Yuck,
      what a travesty.  >=[
    ! Right-click clipboard context menu was broken.
    ! Fixed an extra line in one of the tray tooltips.  (Thanks, Drugwash)

TechTeacher:
Thanks what I meant about WOEID...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version