ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (121/156) > >>

Mboxer511:
If I understood correctly you mentioned there is a possibility that we could get our own individual API for free that we could use with your software? If that is the case could you explain how we could go about doing that? I would have no problem applying for an individual API and using it with your software so I could get it working again on my computer.

skwire:
Hi, Mboxer511, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.   :Thmbsup:

If I understood correctly you mentioned there is a possibility that we could get our own individual API for free that we could use with your software? If that is the case could you explain how we could go about doing that? I would have no problem applying for an individual API and using it with your software so I could get it working again on my computer.-Mboxer511 (January 16, 2019, 01:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

The individual API key thing applied only if I changed sWeather to use OpenWeatherMap's API which, at this point, I have no plans to do.

Drugwash:
@ TechTeacher: I do understand everything, the way this world goes. Morally it's a wrong way. But this kind of discussion would be way too heavy and lengthy for this topic. Don't worry, I don't get hurt so easily and there's nothing in your statements that I wouldn't agree to. So we're cool. ;)

@ wraith808: you're right on all accounts. However, 'free' from the user point of view should be completely free - not conditionalised by some private data theft, as you bluntly put it in regard to FB and most other "free" services. Indeed, the author puts in time, effort, nerves and so on only to give something to others, free of charge. When nothing but 'thanks' or a seldom donation is received, it is commendable. This is the real free stuff (and I know, because I've written AHK scripts and offered them for free as long as I had an online repository to store them in).

@ skwire/Jody: you're a fine person, I've always known it. Actually we're quite similar, I may say: we both enjoy taking ideas, creating something based on them and then giving back that something to the community. I believe that's how all human kind should work. Idealistic and naive, again.
Best wishes to you and your family, and may good things happen for a change - starting with Yahoo's API approval! :)

TechTeacher:
Folks, looking over the past weeks posts you seem all to be polite and respectful to one another. I like this atmosphere alot. Would someone be so kind as to point me to a similar civilized forum. I'm interest in politic, social policy, security, religion and would love a place to hang.

I find Reg-edit to be to wild-west for my taste of discourse.

I'm a social-technologist with 40+ years in the business. IBM for 10, a stint at Microsoft, 10-years freelancing, 12-years teaching as a Senior Networking Instructor (with a side course in "Ethics in Information System".

tomos:
Folks, looking over the past weeks posts you seem all to be polite and respectful to one another. I like this atmosphere alot. Would someone be so kind as to point me to a similar civilized forum. I'm interest in politic, social policy, security, religion and would love a place to hang.
-TechTeacher (January 17, 2019, 01:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
hi TechTeacher,
I can't help you there - would find such a forum of interest myself.
When those topics get involved, people tend to get heated and a lot less civilised - which is why we avoid politics and religion here** (if someone insists on posting something in that direction it usually gets ignored, may even get removed, or moved to a 'basement' board that's only visible to members).

**Sometimes those topics and our topics of interest do overlap, so you will see the odd thread e.g. re Snowden

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version