ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (109/156) > >>

HideTrayCondition:
How do I hide the tray condition? I only need the temp.
-21944.450 (January 16, 2018, 08:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Only the temperature icon can be hidden.
-skwire (January 16, 2018, 08:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I embarked upon a hunt for a systray weather app today and came across this one.  Functions as desired, but please allow my username to serve as an enhancement request...really that's the main functionality i was going after (no condition, just temp).   :) :Thmbsup:

skwire:
How do I hide the tray condition? I only need the temp.-21944.450 (January 16, 2018, 08:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
I embarked upon a hunt for a systray weather app today and came across this one.  Functions as desired, but please allow my username to serve as an enhancement request...really that's the main functionality i was going after (no condition, just temp).   :) :Thmbsup:-HideTrayCondition (February 08, 2018, 07:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

I changed this in the latest version (v1.7.0):

Website | Download
v1.7.0 - 2018-02-14
    * Made the temperature icon the default and made the weather condition icon optional.

Ath:
Made the temperature icon the default and made the weather condition icon optional.
-skwire (February 14, 2018, 08:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, the disadvantage of this change is that the temperature icon now gets hidden if you're not showing all systray icons. The weather condition icon is now the only icon I can make visible permanently, in that configuration. I'm on Windows 10, and the temperature icon isn't available in the "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" configuration screen (just like the weather condition icon wasn't there in the previous version). Haven't tried that setting on Win7 (yet), and I don't want to show all systray icons (way too many, uninteresting icons that can't be hidden in another way, AFAIC).
Is there a way you can make the 'main' icon to use configurable, and the secondary optional? (I actually have them both enabled, but only one is visible all the time)

21944.450:
How do I hide the tray condition? I only need the temp.-21944.450 (January 16, 2018, 08:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
I embarked upon a hunt for a systray weather app today and came across this one.  Functions as desired, but please allow my username to serve as an enhancement request...really that's the main functionality i was going after (no condition, just temp).   :) :Thmbsup:-HideTrayCondition (February 08, 2018, 07:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

I changed this in the latest version (v1.7.0):

Website | Download
v1.7.0 - 2018-02-14
    * Made the temperature icon the default and made the weather condition icon optional.

-skwire (February 14, 2018, 08:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thank you!

Now we just need DjPete (Celsuis) icons that go above 48.ico so they can be used for F degrees.

skwire:
Well, the disadvantage of this change is that the temperature icon now gets hidden if you're not showing all systray icons. The weather condition icon is now the only icon I can make visible permanently, in that configuration. I'm on Windows 10, and the temperature icon isn't available in the "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" configuration screen (just like the weather condition icon wasn't there in the previous version). Haven't tried that setting on Win7 (yet), and I don't want to show all systray icons (way too many, uninteresting icons that can't be hidden in another way, AFAIC).-Ath (February 15, 2018, 01:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Apologies, Ath.  I figured there might be some fallout from this.

Is there a way you can make the 'main' icon to use configurable, and the secondary optional? (I actually have them both enabled, but only one is visible all the time)
-Ath (February 15, 2018, 01:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

There is actually a technical reason for this right now and it boils down to an old ANSI library I use to get that second tray icon displayed.  In other words, the temperature icon is the native one you get with any AHK script and the conditions icon is provided by this third-party library.  The library seems to work fine in Unicode AHK except for the tray icon tooltip.  Basically, it only shows the first letter of the specified tooltip string so I've disabled the tooltip in current build for that extra icon.  You might have noticed that the tooltip only shows when you hover over the temperature icon (before the tray changes I made, it showed only on the conditions icon).  I've tried to fix the library function to work properly for Unicode strings but that sort of thing really isn't in my wheelhouse.  If I could get this library working with Unicode strings, I could fix it how you like.  I mean, I could make it work how you want right now but there won't be any tooltip when you hover over the tray (and I know I'd get bug reports about it).  I'll do some thinking and see if I can make it work using a primary/secondary approach like you suggest.

Now we just need DjPete (Celsuis) icons that go above 48.ico so they can be used for F degrees.-21944.450 (February 16, 2018, 05:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

I made a DjPete fahrenheit version for you in the latest release:  http://www.dcmembers.com/skwire/2018/02/18/sweather-v1-7-1-released/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version