ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (107/156) > >>

skwire:
You might have to create your own shortcut to sWeather.exe and manually move it to your Startup folder.

shin_hibiki:
Looks like I got it now.  Deleted and re-created the config files and whatnot just in case.  Looking forward to using it--now to install it on my other machine!   :Thmbsup:

LEDAdd1ct:
Hello!  Thank you so much for this awesome program. 

It is so lightweight and nimble!

I wanted to ask a few questions:

1)  Is it correct that Yahoo! only updates the weather in the data that feeds this utility once every hour?

2)  I would like to dedicate a computer to use this program 100% of the time and show this information. 

a)  In the mornings, the monitor would come out of idle and power on, probably between 5:30 A.M. and 8:00 A.M. while getting ready for work, and again in the evenings from 5:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.

b)  I would love it if there was the ability to make this program fill the entire screen, with all the texts/fonts/little icon graphics resizing dynamically as you increase its size, or, simply making a "full screen option" where the exact same data fills the screen, just much, much larger so that you can see it from far away, across the whole room. 

c)  Would this be a difficult feature to add?  It's so, so very clean and simple.  Making this fill the screen would be amazing!

Thank you for all your hard work!  :-)

skwire:
1)  Is it correct that Yahoo! only updates the weather in the data that feeds this utility once every hour?-LEDAdd1ct (November 23, 2017, 09:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes.  Some locations, it's once every two hours.   >:(

b)  I would love it if there was the ability to make this program fill the entire screen, with all the texts/fonts/little icon graphics resizing dynamically as you increase its size, or, simply making a "full screen option" where the exact same data fills the screen, just much, much larger so that you can see it from far away, across the whole room. 

c)  Would this be a difficult feature to add?  It's so, so very clean and simple.  Making this fill the screen would be amazing!
-LEDAdd1ct (November 23, 2017, 09:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, it would require quite a bit of code to do that plus the icons and such would not scale well at all.  It might be easier to find another weather app that is more geared toward full-screen usage.  Ghacks had an article a while back with a few that might fit the bill for you.

https://www.ghacks.net/2014/08/24/the-best-desktop-weather-programs-for-windows/

Weather Channel Desktop and YoWindow, in particular.

LEDAdd1ct:
Thank you!  :-)

I will check those out. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version