ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (103/156) > >>

skwire:
Hi, totya, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.

In this app the current temperature is 12C. But this isn't true. If I click to "full forecast" from this app, this link open in the web browser: link and it show the correct temperature, which is now 5C.-totya (March 16, 2017, 04:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

The issue is that sWeather gets its data from the Yahoo! Weather API and the Yahoo! Weather website does not.  For whatever reason, the website gets its data from Weather.com.

totya:
Hi!

Thanks for this answer, but I'm not sure this is the problem, because weather.com show the correct temperature:

weather.com

I returned from work, and now 1 see 0 C, and this is too bad, because the temperature here is 13 C. In this app status bar I see this:

"Last provider update was at 03:00 AM CET". As I remember I always see this...

skwire:
"Last provider update was at 03:00 AM CET". As I remember I always see this...-totya (March 17, 2017, 09:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

If that's the case, it unfortunately looks like the Yahoo! Weather API only gets updates for your location once per day.

totya:
Hi!

Thanks for this answer!

Daily refresh is unusable :(

This app can handle other weather info API somehow?

Edit.: Not much before, the temperature is changed:

"Last provider update was at 05:00 PM CET"

skwire:
Daily refresh is unusable :(-totya (March 17, 2017, 11:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed.

This app can handle other weather info API somehow?-totya (March 17, 2017, 11:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

No.  All the other weather APIs I've researched are very limited in what they offer for free.

"Last provider update was at 05:00 PM CET"-totya (March 17, 2017, 11:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

So, it is every two hours.  Unfortunately, this is the standard for the Yahoo! Weather API these days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version