ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (101/156) > >>

kevlar_heart42:
Welcome to 2017!

I am having intermittent problems as other have stated: sWeather goes "blank" at times, reporting NO DATA for all locations (even Codyville!). I have found that a few refresh attempts restores the data. As I have no working knowledge of the Yahoo API, I am wondering if the call out (polling) to Yahoo is persistent enough to insure connection. Hey, it's only a weather program (and a fine one too), but it's just a thought.

Many thanks for the effort.

skwire:
I am having intermittent problems as other have stated: sWeather goes "blank" at times, reporting NO DATA for all locations (even Codyville!).-kevlar_heart42 (January 10, 2017, 09:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've noticed this as well and it's a Yahoo! Weather API issue.   >:(  Unfortunately, I can't do anything about it.    :(

Dogmeat:
I am having intermittent problems as other have stated: sWeather goes "blank" at times, reporting NO DATA for all locations (even Codyville!).-kevlar_heart42 (January 10, 2017, 09:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've noticed this as well and it's a Yahoo! Weather API issue.   >:(  Unfortunately, I can't do anything about it.    :(
-skwire (January 10, 2017, 09:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Does the auto-refresh timer reset when you manually refresh? The data loads properly when you manually refresh, so thinking maybe the auto-refresh is not waiting long enough for Yahoo (or whatever it is going to be called) to send the requested data? I noticed that there is a very pregnant pause when you manually refresh.

Ath:
Well, the Yahoo service has been very flaky for several weeks now, where earlier sWeather just refreshed fine. I'm also hoping that Yahoo gets its act together and just serves the data stable.

kevlar_heart42:
As of 2017-01-25, my sWeather isn't updating and it's interesting that the header says Thursday, January 1, 0:00 AM...so it's gone back all the way to 2015. Interesting. I'll give reinstallation a shot
Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version