ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (82/156) > >>

qbic:
I've noticed that the new version: 1.6.2.Build 1, will randomly act like the previous version did, (get no data) until you manually update it...
Sometimes on Windows load it loads, sometimes not... When Not, all the locations have no data.

Also, at times there will be a 'pregnant pause' from the time you refresh data, until it is seen... Other times it refreshes quite quickly...
-JanJ (April 02, 2016, 06:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

I can confirm this. It does hang when i try to refresh data manually, and than it doesn't show any weather data until it refreshes itself i suppose.

skwire:
@JanJ, @qbic: I've noticed this as well and it seemed particularly bad yesterday (especially later in the evening Central US time).  I'm mostly certain it's a Yahoo! issue, possibly one of capacity as more apps are moved to the new API.  At the moment I write this, it's very quick and it loaded my numerous locations into the expanded view with no hesitation at all.  I'll try to keep an eye on it and, the next time it's slow, I'll try to figure out if it's something in my code or not.

skwire:
Arghhh, the performance of this new API is frustrating.  After several hours of testing, I'm certain this is not an sWeather; hell, even the official Yahoo! developer page doesn't return data a lot of the time.  I really hope they fix the issue but, in the meantime, I figured out a way to get data from the old API and have added an option for that (enabled by default).  As the changelog entry states below, I have no idea how long Yahoo! intend to make the older API available.  Please read the changelog entry for more caveats to this workaround.

Website | Download
v1.6.3 - 2016-04-03
    + Due to Yahoo!-realted issues with the new API, I've added a workaround
      option to use the old API.  This option is enabled by default.  That said,
      while the older API seems to be much more reliable, I cannot guarantee how
      long Yahoo! will make it available.  Maybe this workaround will buy enough
      time for Yahoo! to get their stuff together regarding the new API.  Please
      note that the data is slightly different between the two APIs and that the
      "Full forecast" link doesn't appear to provide proper links when using the
      old API.
    * Prettied up the Options dialog with some icons.
    * Made the main form display missing data more elegantly.

wd9598:
I figured out a way to get data from the old API and have added an option for that (enabled by default).
-skwire (April 03, 2016, 06:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, now it's working on Win XP again (jep, I'm the one who' s still using XP)
Except the 5 and 10 days extended forecast does not work, but who cares?
That was and will be always only a guess.

Regards

sportman12:
When you say Except the 5 and 10 days extended forecast does not work, can you tell me which  5 and 10 days extended forecast does not work, ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version