ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (79/156) > >>

skwire:
Thanks for the bug reports, all, and welcome to DonationCoder for the first-time posters.

The bloody frustrating thing is that the data bugs are actually API bugs on Yahoo!'s side, i.e., they're not sWeather bugs.  Of course, some I can fix with math (Feels Like temp always reporting in Fahrenheit, for instance) but what happens if Yahoo! fix their side? Any math fix I implemented would then bork things up again.  The sunrise/sunset issue is, again, a data issue on their side.  Though, I should be able to fix this one so that it displays properly even if they end up fixing their side of things.

@Dogmeat: Regarding the titlebar timestamp, it uses a different API at https://timezonedb.com/.  Are you able to reach this site?  The feature seems to work fine for me.

The Tramp:
The bloody frustrating thing is that the data bugs are actually API bugs on Yahoo!'s side, i.e., they're not sWeather bugs.  Of course, some I can fix with math (Feels Like temp always reporting in Fahrenheit, for instance) but what happens if Yahoo! fix their side?
-skwire (March 29, 2016, 08:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

I see....

Now that you mention, on the status bar it says, when I hove the mouse on the Feels like: Converted feels like 147 F when it shows 64 C

Same with pressure: Converted barometer 982.00 in and steady.

M0g13r:
on win7 everything is fine

on winXP
Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

MilesAhead:
The bloody frustrating thing is that the data bugs are actually API bugs on Yahoo!'s side,
-skwire (March 29, 2016, 08:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

If just calling a few APIs are this much fun just imagine a few years from now when most everything will run in the cloud!  Ughh.   :)

skwire:
Workarounds for new Yahoo! Weather API inconsistencies.   >:(

Website | Download
v1.6.0 - 2016-03-28
    ! Several fixes related to bad or different data coming from the new Yahoo!
      API.
        - Barometric pressure readings should now be correct.  Hey, I learned
          what a hectopascal is.  Thanks, Yahoo!.  =\
        - "Feels Like" temp should now be correct when using metric units.
        - Fixed Sunrise/Sunset times missing a trailing zero.  WTH, Yahoo!?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version