ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (57/156) > >>

Dirge:
>> 1) The ancient mariner in me would like to see latitude and longitude displayed in degrees° minutes' seconds" N/S E/W format.

> 1) I can add an option for this.  To save me some research time, is there an easy way to convert the current data to this format?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Converting from decimal degrees to degrees/minutes/seconds is a simple but tedious little process; there’s probably a pre-written subroutine floating around to accomplish it in whatever language/framework you’re using, but I don’t know where you’d get such a thing. (The last time I wrote any code or did any programming, Jimmy Carter was in office and FORTRAN and punch cards were the computer status quo.) I thought that Yahoo! might provide feeds in both formats and that you could simply choose between them.

cschw:
Decimal degrees = DD.dddd°

Convention: 
Lat: +N/-S
Long: +E/-W

Assuming absolute values:
(DD.dddd - DD)*60 = MM.mmmm
(MM.mmmm - MM)*60 = SS.ssss

DD° MM' SS.ssss"

Wikipedia recommends using truncate and modulo....

skwire:
Here you go, Dirge:

Website | Download
v1.5.3 - 2014-07-02
    + Added DMS (degree, minute, second) format option for latitude and
      longitude readings.  (Thanks, Dirge)
    ! Fixed missing "na.ico" file in the Fat Cow tray condition theme.
      (Thanks, Brothbeard)
    ! Converted wind speed text string was incorrect.  (Thanks, Dirge)

Ath:
    ! Fixed missing "na.ico" file in the Fat Cow tray condition theme.
      (Thanks, Brothbeard)
-skwire (July 02, 2014, 01:43 AM)
--- End quote ---
I recall to have seen other themes with missing .ico files in the past (add-on I can't recall where I got them from, presumably this or another sWeather thread) and I just stopped using them :-[.
Could adding idiot-proof errorhandling to the routine that shows the icons be helpful as being a more generic solution?

skwire:
Could adding idiot-proof errorhandling to the routine that shows the icons be helpful as being a more generic solution?-Ath (July 02, 2014, 02:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sure, that would be the logical thing to do but we can't have that in a Skwire Empire app, can we?  The Expectations Bar™ would be moved slightly up and I like to keep that thing at a nice low level.   :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version