ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (38/156) > >>

skwire:
yeah, that's not what i was looking for though.

i was hoping i could set sWeather to use some random proxy
-plk (February 02, 2013, 12:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, I see what you're after.  I don't think I'll add that, though, since I feel it's somewhat out of scope for a weather program.  Trying to maintain random proxy lists and such...sounds messy to me.

plk:
I think you're a bit overprotective here. I'm getting weather data from 6 or 7 locations around the world, so my physical location is not necessarily related to the weather I'm monitoring :tellme:

For comparisons: Do you use such proxy to retrieve your twitter or Facebook updates?
-Ath (February 02, 2013, 01:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

i don't use twitter or facebook or google, etc (or any other companies that make their money off buying + selling personal data, while pretending to offer their services for free) and additionally i block them thru the hosts file.
all this stuff like gmail google docs google chrome etc was supposed to be free free free and then you find later they were reading your all emails and compiling profile data on you, tracking you all over the internet from their search engine, and their google analytics and adsense from the other side  - it was all a big scam. they made their money by selling off other people's privacy without their knowledge. just like all these firefox addons -  youtube downloader or this or that, just a scheme to track you and sell your data and its hidden in the fine print (or they dont even mention it at all - ANT downloader)

getting weather data from 5-10 diff locations thru the app might be an answer though.

yeah, that's not what i was looking for though.

i was hoping i could set sWeather to use some random proxy
-plk (February 02, 2013, 12:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, I see what you're after.  I don't think I'll add that, though, since I feel it's somewhat out of scope for a weather program.  Trying to maintain random proxy lists and such...sounds messy to me.
-skwire (February 02, 2013, 01:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

eh, i wasn't suggesting that you would maintain proxy lists, just that the user could set one in the program. maybe the proxy wouldn't even have to be changed too often if at all.

i don't blame you at all if don't want to add since most users prob wouldn't be too interested anyway.  as i'm not a programmer i was just curious though -  are there like pre-written modules that you can add to a program or on something like this would you have to write it from scratch and would it take quite a while to write?

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.4.1 - 2013-05-28
    ! Fixed the 5-day forecast that Yahoo! broke last week.

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.4.2 - 2013-05-28
    + Added 10-day forecast option.  Enable in the Options dialog.
    * Made both the 5-day and 10-day forecast display optional.

joiwind:
Website | Download
v1.4.2 - 2013-05-28
    + Added 10-day forecast option.  Enable in the Options dialog.
    * Made both the 5-day and 10-day forecast display optional.
-skwire (May 28, 2013, 10:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Coolaroola  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:
Thanks skwire.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version