ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (37/156) > >>

joiwind:
Thanks for the new version skwire : useful additions.

About the expanded view : what do you think about an option to show/hide columns ? I tried deleting column numbers from the config.ini on the ExpViewOrder line but they keep coming back !  :)

And, though I think this has been requested before : how about moon phases and moonrise and moonset times - or doesn't Yahoo do that ?

skwire:
Thanks for the new version skwire : useful additions.-joiwind (February 01, 2013, 05:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're welcome.  =]

About the expanded view : what do you think about an option to show/hide columns ? I tried deleting column numbers from the config.ini on the ExpViewOrder line but they keep coming back !  :)-joiwind (February 01, 2013, 05:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just resize those columns you don't want to see to a zero-width.  That's how it's done programatically, anyway; the columns really don't go away or anything.

And, though I think this has been requested before : how about moon phases and moonrise and moonset times - or doesn't Yahoo do that ?-joiwind (February 01, 2013, 05:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think that information is present in the data.  =[

joiwind:
^ thanks skwire  :up:

plk:
I'm using sWeather with a network-proxy both at work and at home, atm, and it has worked ever since day 1 with those configs. I can pass the proxy servers without authentication, though.
I've always assumed it uses the IE/Windows proxy settings, but I never asked nor checked :-[, but you could try that first, I guess?
-Ath (January 29, 2013, 09:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's right; I do remember changing that for you a while back.  plk, sWeather should use what you have set for your IE proxy.  Are you not seeing this behaviour?
-skwire (January 29, 2013, 10:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

yeah, that's not what i was looking for though.

i was hoping i could set sWeather to use some random proxy that was different than the one i was using in my browser at the time, that way Yahoo can't co-ordinate the browsing data to my sWeather location.  (since sWeather is going to basically give them my Zip Code it defeats purpose of geting a new IP with a VPN)  i'm just trying to prevent them building their data profiles on me.

Thanks for your excellent program btw.  If its a lot of work to add proxy support maybe its not worth it.  i just saw this proxy availability in another app(tapin radio) and i thought it was cool. 

Ath:
I think you're a bit overprotective here. I'm getting weather data from 6 or 7 locations around the world, so my physical location is not necessarily related to the weather I'm monitoring :tellme:

For comparisons: Do you use such proxy to retrieve your twitter or Facebook updates?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version